Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

view coupons used in an order

nikkstocks

Total Posts:  47

hi, is it possible to view the coupons that have been used with an order? to outline the scenario, im making flyers up to advertise my business and am going to use two different design, both advertising free shipping but with a different coupon code (so eg design 1 will have the code “FREEPOST1”, whilst design 2 will have the code “FREEPOST2"). I’d like to be able to view the number of times each code is used so i can get an idea of which flyer design is more successful.

Its very rudementary market research i know, but if possible it would be v useful for me starting up smile. any help greatly appreciated

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

bzsaw

Total Posts:  141

You can see each coupon code used in each order near the total in the yellow box at the bottom when managing orders in the admin. Also by customer.

Magento Community
Magento Community

nikkstocks

thats where i’d expect it to appear but theres nothing there.....

nothing appears in the customer order view either…

another annoyance - the paypal button that appears in the shopping basket view seems to bypass the check that happens in the checkout to block guests from buying products…

Magento Community
Magento Community

bzsaw

Next to discount (code)

Image Attachments
Picture 6.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

nikkstocks

yeh, theres nothing there. but the coupon is definately working because free shipping wouldnt be allowed otherwise.....

Image Attachments
Image2.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

bzsaw

Maybe your coupon is setup differently. That is strange that it’s not showing up.

Magento Community
Magento Community

nikkstocks

right, managed to solve it (stupid, stupid bug). apparently the coupon only shows up if the cash discount is greater than 0. ie, a coupon entered solely for Free Shipping will not appear. basically, i also have to offer a discount of £0.01 along with free shipping!  thanks for your help though smile

oh, and if anyone reading this knows how i might change/fix this… smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community