Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Documentation Woes

Pedro Correia

Total Posts:  2

Hello all.

I found Magento a couple of weeks ago and was very enthusiastic with its features and overall feel on both back end and front end.
I downloaded a copy of the latest stable release and installed with little or no problems.

Now i come to the customisation part and i find that the Magento is very poorly documented.
This as you may understand can dissuade the the new user / developer from adopting your software as an e-commerce platform.

I am aware that there are several threads on this subject lurking around the forums but i do feel that the documentation should be one of your top priorities now that you have a working stable release.

I’ll be looking forward to the completed docs.

Cheers and congratulations on a great piece of software.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Pedro Correia

Total Posts:  2

Ron Seigel - 08 July 2008 09:55 AM

This has been discussed many, many times here (unfortunately).

All we get is half-hearted attempts by Varien at documentation that never comes close to what is needed. With “50+” employees working on Magento you’d think they could 1) work on real documentation and 2) answer a whole lot more questions in the forums.

Unfortunately, the complaints seem to have fallen on deaf ears. I’m not holding my breath for either.

That’s a real shame. It looked so nice and feature packed…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community