Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

cannot add or edit products

jaw

Total Posts:  4

I just get a blank page (no content whatsoever) when I try to edit existing or add new products. Any ideas why? Everything else appears to be normal and install went smoothly.
Ok, guess not. Some of the sample pages of my demo store are coming up without content either...... sigh....

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

Please try to up your memory limit, it might be that your php setup not to display errors, so it juts dies quietly if goes over the limit

in php.ini:
memory_limit=32M

Magento Community
Magento Community

jaw

Total Posts:  4

Moshe-
Thank you so much for taking the time to direct me to the answer. It was set at 8M and putting it to 32M seems to have done the trick and the pages seem to all display now. Nice!

Magento Community
Magento Community

ODB

Total Posts:  142
London

I am getting a problem similar to this, using version 1. Where should the php.ini file go? I’m on shared hosting…

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community