Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 5
Aussie hosting? 

LockWire

Total Posts:  25

Can anyone recommend some hosting for Magento. At the moment I’m just looking for something to play around with while I learn the ins and outs and as such don’t want to spend a great deal of money.

Cheers

Ash

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

devit

Total Posts:  1
Queensland, Australia

Anyone had any luck with Australian Magento hosting providers?. I’ve emailed a couple providers however no positive replies, many not willing to change configuration to allow mysql PDO extension or turn php safemode off.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mballinger

Total Posts:  2

I have spoken to SmartyHost about them hosting a Magento E-Commerce Site for me.
I havent got it up and running yet but they said providing Mageno’s specific PHP extensions and settings shouldn’t be a problem

http://www.smartyhost.com.au/

I’m interested to know which hosting providers the people out there with active trading Magento Sites are using?

Thanks in advance! cheese

Matt.

Magento Community
Magento Community

awillshire

Total Posts:  14

Hi,

I’m using planet domain, and just convinced them to install pdo & pdo_mysql.  Running fine as a result.

If you do use them, although they say they’ve got PHP5, the hosting is PHP4 by default.  You’ll need to add a handler to .htaccess so that your system uses the PHP5 install (add: “AddHandler application/x-httpd-php5 .php").

Cheers,
Andrew.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Daworm

I’m in the middle of setting up a Magento cart for someone. However I can do some aussie hosting for you (Sydney based).

PM me if you are interested.

Magento Community
Magento Community

thebambam

Total Posts:  26

Well im on with Sinai Hosting or sinai central or wahtever the main name is!!!! either way yeah they are based in Australia and do variety of services but i think its mainly for business (which you prob call this).  give them check sinaihosting.com.  prices arnt so bad but ive never had problem and they are friendly (specially to us British folk ahah).

Magento Community
Magento Community

Fontis

Total Posts:  99
Melbourne, Australia

Fontis can provide Magento hosting, however we normally only provide this to our clients as part of an ongoing service arrangement. Anyone can feel free to contact me if you’d like more info about this.

If you are just looking for plain hosting we normally recommend Net Logistics (http://www.netlogistics.com.au) with their Edge developer package (to provide some of the extra dependencies that Magento has). We’ve found their support to be particularly good and haven’t come across any problems with the hosting service provided.

Magento Community
Magento Community

warwickmc

Total Posts:  33

Hi there,

I’m a developer that has just moved onto magento, i also have a server that i run all my hosting for my self, my clients and other developers that i work with, i havent finalised a magento plan as yet, but if your interested, shoot me a pm and ill send you across the specifics in the next day or so when i finalise them.

Magento Community
Magento Community

benau

Total Posts:  26

MediaTemple have 1-click installations of Magento that work swimmingly. Its only $20 USD per month for a MediaTemple (gs) account. 1-click, install it and then knowing it is working you can start to get your hands dirty. Believe me, there is plenty to get your hands dirty with leaving aside installation headaches.

B

Magento Community
Magento Community

mffowler

Total Posts:  31

MT isn’t Australian based… I have tried a few AU based providers and am happy with Web24 for our dedicated box. They matched our price that we had with thePlanet (US) and allow us to run cPanel vs. Plesk or whatever they generally use. I have heard good things about MT but it’s just whether you want to go Aussie or not… I find that the connectivity from the US to AU isn’t as good as one thinks. We run monitoring software on a US server for our Australian one and see that during any given week there is down time when the down time isn’t seen locally.

- Mike

Magento Community
Magento Community

espenyogi

Total Posts:  5

I have setups on these two hosts:

- OnTheNet.com.au
- Net Logistics.com.au

Both are great, the Onthenet server is faster

Magento Community
Magento Community

fwhong

Total Posts:  32

We use cove.com.au and have found them to be very good smile

They use a Xen VPS architecture and they are quite reasonably priced,

Regards
Angelo

-
OZScopes - The Australian Telescope Experts

Magento Community
Magento Community

mylittleangels

Total Posts:  10

aussiehq is great too and half price at the moment

Magento Community
Magento Community

Aussie Shane

Total Posts:  8
Australia

You can call me here at Aussie and we will see how we can help. Curently have a few development sites and all working well.

Cheers

Aussie Shabe

Magento Community
Magento Community

Branko56

I’m hosting a couple of sites on my servers, have developed a couple of sites with Magento.. Feel free to PM me if you need any assistance setting up a server or if you’d like me to host a site for you. My company is Be Online Studios (www.be-online.com.au)

Magento Community
Magento Community

KooWii

Total Posts:  8

koowii.com

I would highly recommend Koowii for the obvious reasons..lol

We do offer FREE Magento installation and have 24/7 live support.
KooWii is one of the most competitive Hosting companies in Australia
30 day money back guarantee

PM me for 10% discount code to any Magento Registered members smile

Regards,
-Mick

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 5