Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

SoCal Fires

i960
Guru

Total Posts:  633
Bakersfield, CA

Do any Varien employees live near the fires that are going on in Southern California?  I hope everyone is ok and that no one lost a house or was hurt. Here’s a satellite view for those who don’t know what is going on:

http://www.newsweek.com/id/61516?gt1=10450

I live about 100 miles north of all that in Bakersfield.  Varien is near the dot marked Santa Monica.  Stay safe guys.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

Most of us live in very populated areas (valley/hollywood/westside) and we are safe. The sky has been golden brown and when you look outside everything appears in sepia tones - very surreal.

Thanks for checking in.

Magento Community
Magento Community

i960
Guru

Total Posts:  633
Bakersfield, CA

Good to hear.  My cousin is a Bakersfield City fire fighter, and he will be leaving tomorrow to help battle the fires.  He used to be a forest fire fighter before he got the job at the city, so he was chosen from his station to go.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community