Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Some help with adding multi-vendor support

ylibrach

Total Posts:  78

I am looking to modify Magento to support the addition of multi-vendor functionality. Specifically, the ability to have different users being able to see only a restricted set of products that they can add / edit. (As an example, think of a site where vendors are allowed to log in independently and upload and maintain their own items, which are a subset of the entire store’s catalog)

In March, Lior from Varien said that “You will have to modify Admin Users permissions module to be able to limit each user to a specific Store Information.” This seems like it is exactly on the right track, however I’m wondering if someone can provide me with a slightly more specific explanation of where I need to go.

I’m a very experienced programmer but I’ve just gotten started with Magento and it’s a little daunting to wade through the enormous code base to find out where I need to be looking. If someone could just point me to the right files / routines, I’d be very grateful. Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Emperor

Total Posts:  111

I have been searching through the code base as well, trying to figure out how I could approach this.

I am still not sure what to do as yet. Hope someone comes on the forum and really give us the help we need with this Multi-Vendor support.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Magegaga

Total Posts:  38

Hi,

Yes, its possible check out the multivendor solution at

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community