Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

[solved] Need info on the differences between orders place from the admin and frontend. 

aephex

Total Posts:  17

Currently when an order is placed from the frontend, once it had been shipped and invoiced, its status is set to complete.
If the order was created from the admin section, once it has been shipped and invoiced, its status is set to closed.

I’m looking for information as to whether these two “types” of orders are, indeed, different types of orders and handled separately.
I’m also looking for information regarding which files deal with setting the status of an order during the invoice process.

Edit:
It turns out I made a change that caused the system to behave differently in these two instances. Normally they should be treated the same.
The lesson I learnt through this is that saving orders multiple times can cause the order status to update multiple times.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community