Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Problems Uploading Images

Concept

Total Posts:  25
Worcestershire

Hello,

OK having problems uploading images, I can select the image and when i click the upload button it uploads and shows as completed but does nothing else. I assume I then Click save which then just sends me back to the Log In Screen. When I log back in I have not Image listed for my Product.. Any Ideas?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

seriouslynot

Total Posts:  11

Concept-
After uploading the image, you must assign it to the particular thing you want to appear by. For example, if you’re uploading a thumbnail image, after uploading the image - you must click the radio button under ‘thumbnail’ by the image you just uploaded.

Hope this helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Concept

Worcestershire

Hello,

All 3 boxes are already checked and i cant change that. When im in the image tab of my product the i can browse and upload an image and it say complate but The Box above says No Images and the base, small and thumbnail selections are all selected and I cant change this. What ever i press after this always takes me back to the log in screen.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bayer

Total Posts:  1

same problem here, i can browse for an image, but when i click the upload button nothing happens except for the remove button to disappear. i’m using ubuntu linux, and have a local magento installation (127.0.0.1) V. 1.0.19870.4.

this might be a browser related issue because the problem only occurs in firefox (ff2 and ff3) but not in IE6 (using wine)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Concept

Worcestershire

Ok tried it in both Explorer and Firefox and get the original problem on both.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kalle

Total Posts:  41

Hello

I have a similar problem,

I can choose a picture and upload it and I can see it, but if I save it I get an error message

kalle

Magento Community
Magento Community

scottyeah

Murwillumbah, NSW, Australia

Hey, I have this problem too - the very same problem -

we should nominate a candidate for president already!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Lol

Total Posts:  68
Plymouth, UK

Bump!

I have this problem too.

Is it a permissions issue?

I need to know how to get images for my products into the site. If I can’t do this Magento is useless to me.

I can easily create a directory and upload the images to the site server via ftp. Should I do this and then have Magento look in that directory somehow?

Hope someone can help. Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Lol

Total Posts:  68
Plymouth, UK

OK found the answer for me. At least, I managed to get an image to show up in the Images preview area. I logged out and logged back in and it’s still there! Wohoo!

Here’s the solution I used:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/bug-tracking/issue?issue=2248

It involves php.ini so my problem was evidently server-side.

So that’s another problem resolved. smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community