Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Price and Quantity

Imagination

Total Posts:  54

Hi,

We want to use Magento for our webshop but we need 2 things extra (besides all the perfect things Magento already does!!)

1. Order per quantity: The price should be per product but you can only order per 5 products. The quantity should automaticly change in a multiple per ... (configurable in the back-end)

Example:
You can buy a product per 5. When I fill in 8 the cart should automaticly change that in 2x5= 10 products. With or without notification.

osCommerce already has an extension with this funcionality
Virtuemart 1.1 for Joomla uses a dropdown list with 5,10,15,20,25 etc......

2. Price atribute:
- means lower the price
+ means ad to the price
= is the new price

What I mis is, #, ad once to the price. (already an add-on feature at osCommerce)

Example:
We sell T-shits with imprint. We would like to ad set-up costs for an imprint. this ammount is the same if you buy 1 item or 10 items.
So, besides the cost for 10 t-shirts comes an one time cost for the set-up

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

trust

Total Posts:  1

i have the same demand ...

Magento Community
Magento Community

mattprice

Total Posts:  1

I have the same problem and require customers to order only multiples specified.  I.e they can order 5,10, 15, 20 etc but not 6, 13, 23, 24 etc

Does anyone know whether this is achieveable or planned in the next release ?

Many Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

josep99

Total Posts:  12

Any progress on this? I need exactly the same.

Magento Community
Magento Community

opera_fr

Total Posts:  9
Strasbourg

did someone find a solution i have the same problem

Magento Community
Magento Community

Incognito
Guru

Total Posts:  322
Michigan

If it is a hassle or too costly to sell just one item i would set up the tier pricing to reflect it.  the customer could buy less then 5 but they would have to pay a premium.  ex less than 5 =$2 each 5 or more $1 each

Magento Community
Magento Community

Bouns

Total Posts:  9

We’re going to sell small sized products which are available only in packages of 6 or 12.
It’s however important to maintain their single count for administration, etc.

Now we also have to use configurable products since we have quite a few variations per product.
(I’ve tried to achieve our goal with either bundle and group products, but that ultimately didn’t turn out as usable option.)

An easy solution would seem to be the availability of an editable quantity attribute or a package attribute that could handle quantity-increments.

Any hints greatly appreciated - maybe heard of an extension that would fulfill the function?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Imagination

I would like to bump this topic up.

We are now using Magento but we miss those 2 features (1st post).

Is their a solution for it, or can it be made???

Magento Community
Magento Community

haraldinho

Total Posts:  24

1. Order per quantity: The price should be per product but you can only order per 5 products. The quantity should automaticly change in a multiple per ... (configurable in the back-end)

Example:
You can buy a product per 5. When I fill in 8 the cart should automaticly change that in 2x5= 10 products. With or without notification.

Virtuemart 1.1 for Joomla uses a dropdown list with 5,10,15,20,25 etc.....

I think I found a solution to this problem, but it seems to be a core-hack (but do not know for sure, since I’m no Magento wizz)

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/15943/

If it is a core-hack that means bad news, since that means that you have to repair this feature after each Magento update… snake

Any opinions from the experts?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Imagination

haraldinho - 25 September 2009 02:43 AM

Example:

Virtuemart 1.1 for Joomla uses a dropdown list with 5,10,15,20,25 etc.....

I think I found a solution to this problem, but it seems to be a core-hack (but do not know for sure, since I’m no Magento wizz)

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/15943/

If it is a core-hack that means bad news, since that means that you have to repair this feature after each Magento update… snake

Any opinions from the experts?

That’s a hack from a year ago. If you can tell me where that map is located…

Magento Community
Magento Community

Imagination

That’s a hack from a year ago. If you can tell me where that map is located…

Magento Community
Magento Community

whebden

Total Posts:  4

Here it is for version 1.3:

Edit app/code/core/Mage/CatalogInventory/Model/Stock/Item.php and add the following code:

if ($this->getMinSaleQty() && ($qty) % $this->getMinSaleQty() != 0{
    $result
->setHasError(true)
         ->
setMessage(Mage::helper('cataloginventory')->__('This product can only be ordered in multiples of %s.'$this->getMinSaleQty() * 1))
         ->
setQuoteMessage(Mage::helper('cataloginventory')->__('Products must be ordered in correct multiples.'))
         ->
setQuoteMessageIndex('qty');
         return 
$result;

}

The code above uses the modulus operator to determine the remainder of specified quantity divided by the minimum allowed quantity.  If the remainder is anything other than zero (not cleanly divisible), it throws the above error. This is keyed the minimum quantity you specified for the product or store. This is upgraded from a post made over a year ago by Mad Martigan for an older version.

Note:  There is a bunch of stuff you also would have to do to prevent this from being washed away in an upgrade. See: modules.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community