Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Do I need to signup to Website Payments Pro to use PayPal Express Checkout

speedyss

Total Posts:  24

I am trying to setup magento to use with paypal express checkout. When I go on to admin i can see options such as user, vendor etc… but aren’t they associated with Website Payments Pro.

So as the tittle reads do i need to pay £20/month to use the express checkout?

I just want to be able to accept paypal payments, I don’t mind if all credit card info is submitted on paypal’s website…

Could someone advise how do i go about doing the above?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

WebShopApps
Guru

Total Posts:  460
London, UK

Hi,

Not sure about all the paypal terms, but if all you want to do is accept payments via paypal then the way I implemented this was but enabling the “Paypal standard(Website Payments Standard)” option under Payment Methods.  This seems to work for me.

Rgds

Karen

Magento Community
Magento Community

georgek

Total Posts:  23

Yes it can be done.
I have just got off the phone to Paypal who talked me through how to do it without a Pro account. If you do have a Pro account I think the setup is different:

Paypal
API Access
Request API Credentials
Request API Signature - Make a note of the Username, Password and Signature

Magento Admin
Payment Method - Paypal Express (Website Payments Pro) NOT Paypal UK Express (Website Payments Pro)
Paypal Accounts - Enter under Paypal Express (WPP) NOT Paypal UK Express (WPP) your API username, password and signature. Set Sandbox to No.

That should be it!

Magento Community
Magento Community

saileruk

Total Posts:  25

georgek - 11 July 2008 04:06 AM

Yes it can be done.
I have just got off the phone to Paypal who talked me through how to do it without a Pro account. If you do have a Pro account I think the setup is different:

Paypal
API Access
Request API Credentials

Magento Admin
Payment Method - Paypal Express (Website Payments Pro) NOT Paypal UK Express (Website Payments Pro)
Paypal Accounts - Enter under Paypal Express (WPP) NOT Paypal UK Express (WPP) your API username, password and signature. Set Sandbox to No.

That should be it!

Hello Georgek,

Thanks a lot for your information. But still not clear, what should we put in “paypal URL”,
also, should we have a Proxy Host and Proxy Port?

Best regards

Mark

Magento Community
Magento Community

saileruk

saileruk - 30 November 2008 11:35 AM

georgek - 11 July 2008 04:06 AM
Yes it can be done.

Paypal
API Access
Request API Credentials

Magento Admin

That should be it!

Hello Georgek,

Thanks a lot for your information. But still not clear, what should we put in “paypal URL”,
also, should we have a Proxy Host and Proxy Port?

Best regards

Mark

solved!

Magento Community
Magento Community

BobMane

Total Posts:  108

its not solved publicly if you dont post your solution!

Magento Community
Magento Community

fastboxgaming

Total Posts:  101

Yeah just putting the words solved is not helping anyone out but yourself! I also would like to know how to implement paypal standard.

Magento Community
Magento Community

saileruk

hello everyone,

I have post the solution in another post. if you not see it. ok I will post here again.

for paypal express to work without payment pro, you must fill some information in “paypal account">"website payment pro (express, direct)” be careful, it is not “website payment pro uk” .

you need get your “API User Name”, “API Password”, “API Signature” from your paypal account.

leave “Proxy Host” and “Proxy Port” empty.

Choose “no” for “Sandbox Flag”, “Debug Flag” and “Use Proxy”.

use the following link for “paypal url”: 

https://www.paypal.com/au/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_express-checkout&commit;=&token;=

that’s it. at least work for me. (magento 1.1.6)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Lol

Total Posts:  68
Plymouth, UK

I’ve just upgraded to Magento 1.2.0.3 and have found that the PayPal Accounts set-up is different to what was previously there before I upgraded (I’ve attached a screen grab for all to see).

As I now have to get a Magento store working with PayPal for a client, I have been reading lots of threads on the forum. This one was very helpful but I still have a couple of questions:

1) What is the Page Style field for? Is it to enable some sort of PayPal page styling?

2) On the PayPal side of things, once I have Requested and received my API Credentials (ie. API User Name, Password and Signature), do I need to mess with any of the other PayPal settings for Magento to communicate ? Eg. My Account>Profile Summary>Selling Preferences>Website Payment Preferences or Instant Payment Notification Preferences perhaps?

I’m going to try the Sandbox but I’m not confident that it’ll be very useful considering some of the previous comments.

TIA.

Image Attachments
Picture 4.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ravie13

Total Posts:  30

I’m creating a cart now for a client that has PayPal Premier (not “Business").  I was able to obtain the API Username, Password and Signature but I’m not exactly sure where to use it.  And what will the frontend look like when I implement this API?

I’m using version 1.2.1.2 of Magento and the PayPal titles are different then the ones previously mentioned in this thread. Also the Magento screencast on the subject is useless because it’s assuming I know what they’re talking about and the example Magento version looks completely different than the new version.

Help!  I need to know whether I have to upgrade my client to a Business account or if she can stay with what she has.  And what will it look like on the frontend?  Will my users be taken out of my cart and to the PayPal site?  And what is a “Sandbox”?? And what is a Sandbox Flag?

Magento Community
Magento Community

itchytrig

Total Posts:  162
UK

Hi,

Sandbox is the testing area for PayPal, the Sandbox Flag switches it on or off. You would not have the Sandbox on when you decide to go live. To be honest, it would be good to test the live mode (sandbox off) anyway, even just for a small transaction you can clear/cancel when you are happy that PayPal and Magento are talking to each other…

Hope this helps.

Though in general, for something as straightforward as setting up PayPal to Magento, it would be rather beneficial if we could here the full and correct procedure from the Magento Boys themselves! Everyone would benefit.

Do I hear a shout for better documentation / PDF anyone???

rasberry

Magento Community
Magento Community

professional business coaching

Total Posts:  1

Yes you need to sign up, this is your online bank account.

Magento Community
Magento Community

banjaxed

Total Posts:  3

Try this link if you still need help. I found the Paypal URL below was more successful than the URL mentioned above.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/modules_reference/english/mage_adminhtml/system_config/edit/paypal

Paypal URL: This is an interesting one. This this is the URL I was orginally given by paypal: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_express-checkout&useraction;=continue&token;=

However there where issues (magento 1.1.8.*), so I read the documentation and started to use this URL:

https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_express-checkout&commit;=&token;=&paymentaction;=sale

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community