Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

PHP 5.2.5 on server but Magento says “invalid PHP version” and suggests PHP-CGI work-around

Neekstah

Total Posts:  2

PHP 5.2.5 is installed on the server but i get this message when i browse to mydomain.com/magento/install

Whoops, it looks like you have an invalid PHP version.

Magento supports PHP 5.2.0 or newer. Find out how to install Magento using PHP-CGI as a work-around.

however i noticed that the install directory doesn’t exist so i browsed to mydomain.com/magento/install.php instead and i got this message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘{’ in /home/thebay/public_html/magento/install.php on line 114

i tried importing the sample data into my newly created database first, but i got this message:

Error

SQL query
:

/*!40101 SET @OLD_SQL_MODE=@@SQL_MODE, SQL_MODE='NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO' */;

/*!40111 SET @OLD_SQL_NOTES=@@SQL_NOTES, SQL_NOTES=0 */;

CREATE TABLE `admin_assert` (
`
assert_idint10 unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,
`
assert_typevarchar20 NOT NULL default '',
`
assert_datatext,
PRIMARY KEY ( `assert_id` )
ENGINE InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET utf8 COMMENT 'ACL Asserts';

MySQL saidDocumentation
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COMMENT='ACL Asserts'' at line 6

yes, i uploaded the 1.0.19870.4 files to mydomain.com/magento and i also uploaded the 1.0.19870 sample data media folder contents to mydomain.com/magento/media

what oh what am i doing wrong? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community