Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Is this possible using GWS? 

ylibrach

Total Posts:  78

I was reading about GWS (Global, Website, Store) here: http://www.magentocommerce.com/knowledge-base/entry/overview-how-multiple-websites-stores-work

I was not sure if I was understanding this correctly. Would the following scenario be possible using Magento and GWS?

I plan on creating a site where vendors can log in (ie, into their own “stores") and manage their products independently of any other vendors. However, I want all these separate “stores” to be visible in the grand scheme of the entire site (the “website"). Would this be possible? If not, are there any other ways to segregate product administration by user logged in, etc?

Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mattlparisi

Total Posts:  1

Hi, I too am looking for that exact set-up with a GWS, the use of vendors who can manage their own stores, within a website.

Any progress or info on this?

Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community