Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Batch print / Batch status update

kris

Total Posts:  11
NZ

I am currently using another shopping cart system which offers the possibility to print out all orders with a certain status at once. You can also mass update the status of orders. This is a great time-saver when, for example, you are shipping all your orders at the end of the day. Especially useful when you are doing lots of orders - just tick checkboxes next to the order number in the sales overview and choose the new status for all of them.

Cheers

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

redbidibulle

Total Posts:  5

me too grin

Magento Community
Magento Community

laProbeta

Total Posts:  35

Very convenient! Exporting to CSV/XML could be enough.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Directshop

Total Posts:  28
Melbourne, Australia

For the shipping aspect of your question we might have some software to help.

ReadyToShip is shipping automation software integrated with Magento. We automatically extract orders that are paid for and ‘ready to ship’, process them via carriers in bulk, then update all orders in Magento with tracking numbers and change status to Complete.

Currently supporting Australian carriers, but with some demand could add more international carriers?

Nathan

Magento Community
Magento Community

Appmerce
Guru

Total Posts:  376
Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Batch Printing Invoices is a definite must. I have a client who cant keep up printing invoices…

Magento Community
Magento Community

Appmerce
Guru

Total Posts:  376
Amsterdam, The Netherlands

I just noticed, there is already a batch print ability for invoices!

Just go to Sales Invoices, and use the dropdown action “PDF Invoices” (top right), after selecting all desired invoices from the list. It generates a single PDF with all selected invoices. So you can batch print that! Great!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Keith Moon

Total Posts:  20
London

Has anyone come with a solution for this yet?

I’m having a hard time managing orders because, as far as I’m aware of, the only way to change an order status to “complete” is by accessing it individually and pressing the “ship” button. That’s to much work when you have hundreds to update.

Magento Community
Magento Community

videohead

Total Posts:  22

First off, you need to differentiate and understand the differences between order state and order status.
Once you figure out what you are trying to do, it seems pretty straightforward.

If you’re coming to Magento from a non-EAV system, you’ll have to do a liittle homework.
Same is true for experience with web services.

Otherwise, I haven’t found any difficulty in either exporting orders (to CSV seems to work great).

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community