Magento Forum

RAW Security - UK Store selling Eikon’s

WebShopApps
Guru

Total Posts:  460
London, UK

Hi,

See http://www.rawsecurity.co.uk

Please excuse some of the graphics - I’m not a professional website designer, as you can probably figure.  I am a software engineer (C++/Financial) by trade though, so I suppose that’s helped me navigate Magento. Prior to Magento I had zero css/html experience.

Only has the one product at present, but I wanted to use Magento to enable me to add more without difficulty.

It only took me about 10-15 hours to create this site from scratch. I am quite familiar with the way Magento works now, and using Firefox with the CSS editor has definitely made my life easier.

See also my Green Store - http://www.usefullygreen.co.uk . This is due a spruce up in terms of graphics soon, so not currently marketing it.

Feedback and comments welcomed.

Oh, and the Eikon Digital Privacy Manager is a great little product, especially if you are a web developer with lots of passwords!!  wink

Rgds

Karen

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

SpaceLight

Total Posts:  89
France

Not bad, I like this product.

I am in shanghai, I am going to find one here.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kingkao

Total Posts:  50
Toronto

I am really liking the navigation on the top. Very nice and clean.
The only problem is the padding between the navigation, header, and main content is too high. Header is just too big. By the time get through the Nav and Header, can’t even see the product without scrolling down, so it isn’t that effective selling your product.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sdb

Total Posts:  223
coastal California, USA

I like the simplicity of the raw security site. Large size and to the point.

1 comment though, the call us image is over a gradient background, so i can see where the background was quickly scribbled in with white and the text was placed over it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

WebShopApps
Guru

Total Posts:  460
London, UK

Thanks for all the comments, really useful.  I’ll take it all on board.

The graphics are really rubbish - not really my forte.  Have a professional doing some for me so should hopefully be resolved soon.

I seem to be having problems with the layout when displaying on different browsers also - but hey it’s all a big learning curve!

Karen

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community