Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Change product box attributes

easym

Total Posts:  21

I have altered the width of “middle” under Base Layout in boxes.css from 900 by default to 1050.

However, as a result, when I go to a category page, the width of the box which shows the products in the category is now too narrow given the extra width. (ie i want this to be a percentage of the column)

What css files and where in the file do I need to look to edit the appearance of this product box? Not just width, but also colours, etc.

Note: the file reads path
frontend/default/default/template/catalog/category/view.phtml

As a more general question, how, if at all, do the file paths (as above) relate to the css files where I can edit the appearance of that block. I have tried reading the designing guide but find this point hard to grasp.

Thanks in advance.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community