Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Referrers

louisk

Total Posts:  6

Can I have a customer select a referrer during checkout or registration. I’ve seen that with other cart software; that a user can select: “Where did you hear from us: Google"… and make that field required.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

norbolig
Guru

Total Posts:  328

For most web shop owners with returning customers, it is probably better to have the “Where did you hear from us” in the customer registration section (as a text field or dropdown).

I would not slow up the checkout process uneccesary, and if the field “Where did you hear from us” should be made required, it should not be asked (or required) a returning customer. - Finally, if you don’t need the information for any useful marketing research, don’t ask.

Maybe we can hope for that magento comes with some easy configurable input fields for the customer registration section in the version 1.1.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jimmycurrent

Total Posts:  5

I would like to have a text input field in checkout that asks for a referrer ID (i will assing IDs manually to previous customers).  It doesn’t need to be mandatory.  just very simple and the ID needs to show up in the order info so i can keep track of it.  simple question ( i think) but my programming skills are non existent…
thanks in advance.

jimmycurrent

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community