Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

multi stores - 1 for selling / 1 for buying

gopher girl

Total Posts:  16

Hi..

I know magento has the capiblity of multi stores… but could I configure as follow:

1 store - set up for requests only with no payment gateway. It’s basically a quote system where we buy from the customers
2 store - set up for selling system where there is a payment gateway like paypal/google. This system is like a regular e-commerce store.

Now, do they use the same SQL database or is it 2 different databases?

Just wondering.... as we buy/sell essentially the same products but it would have different pricing for the selling/buying stores.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Fengbo

Total Posts:  7
Beijing

Yes, you can configure two stores to fit your needs. One disable all payment gateways. You need to duplicate every product for different price.
If you want using different databases, I think there’s a work around: just setup two magento instance and using separate databases.

Magento Community
Magento Community

gopher girl

Total Posts:  16

thanks for the help....

I don’t really want to use 2 databases unless I have to since the pricing is different.

Now - would I have to establish different websites or stores to use different payment gateways? (I"m still trying to figure out when I use what… I’ve read the documents that explain it… but still abit confused! .)

Magento Community
Magento Community

enginedigital

Total Posts:  11

similar to this request, is it possible to have:

1 store for selling (standard ecommerce)
and
1 store just as a product catalog (no cart, no checkout) - is it possible to set products as not for sale?

also if we’re setting up multiple stores, do they need to be on separate domains and do they need to use separate template files etc?

thanks kele.

Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Guru

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

@gopher girl, you can set up two stores under one admin website. They will both use the same data base. One you will set as a regular payment gateway and the other you can set to accept only check/money order and just name it something else.

also if we’re setting up multiple stores, do they need to be on separate domains and do they need to use separate template files etc?

The two stores do not have to be on two separate domains or use two different templates. You can use the same template and the same domain and have one store in English and the other in Spanish for instance or use two sub domains if you wish.

Magento Community
Magento Community

rmadridca

Total Posts:  19

I have a similar question to this. We would like to know if it is possible to have seperate payflow pro accounts for multi website setup. We are setting up two sites and the client does not want the same merchant account to appear for these multiple sites when the customers receive their cc statements. If I go to SYSTEM->CONFIGURATION->PAYMENT METHODS it only allows me to enter a payflow pro account fo the default config, not for specific stores.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Skivers

Total Posts:  26

Does Magento allow for Multi-payment gateways?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ukdazza
Guru

Total Posts:  308

I want to do a similar thing, however trying to make it as described above (how I figured I could) doesn’t seem to work. As you can not control the shipping options for a store. I think the work around might be to have two websites but I do not understand how the multi websites setup even works with Magento, makes no sense to me.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community