Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

[RESOLVED]: 10-15 images for each product - is there a built-in way, or must I use a script? 

silversand999

Total Posts:  11

I need to display 10-15 images for each product, and Magento’s default of 4 images just doesn’t cut it.

Can anyone recommend a “gallery” script, or module/extension/etc, that I can “plug in” into each product to call out the “image showcase”?

This can either work as an add-on to the default Magento stuff (main/thumbnail/etc) - or be a separate “pop-up-gallery” script.

Any pointers, and particularly live examples, would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mulewagon

Total Posts:  3

I am very interested in this question, too. I haven’t started testing Magento yet - but a limit of four pictures per listing is a definite drawback! 

So if any one knows a solution I would very much appreciate it!

Valerie

Magento Community
Magento Community

norbolig
Guru

Total Posts:  328

I am interested in that too!

One further extention could be to have the thumbnails link to videos (and PDF manuals), instead of just pictures.

Magento Community
Magento Community

silversand999

Update: partial solution.

There’s a JavaScript called “Lightbox”, which has a neat gallery effect.

Article on the wiki: http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/adding_lightbox_to_magento_v2

It’s a bit of a pain to install - there’s a file location not specified in the instructions:

instructions say ”- in page/html/head.phtml, find
the file is here (if Magento is installed as root): app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/page/head.phtml

There’s a mention of this setup being packaged & distributed as an extension (i.e. automatic install). Either try the extension, or carefully follow the directions.

So, now I have a neat “Lightbox” gallery effect. STILL don’t know how to add more images (i.e. #5, 6, 7, etc.)

Will post an update when I figure it out… or hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

Magento Community
Magento Community

castus

Total Posts:  64

I just added 16 product images without any trouble from the default install

Magento Community
Magento Community

silversand999

cactus: thanks for pointing this out… I assumed that because the system presented a choice of “thumbnail” / “small image” / “store image”, that was it....

Assumption is, indeed, the mother of all ****-ups.

The solution is, just keep adding images after specifying the 3 required ones. Giant “duh!”.

Well, meanwhile, I got Lightbox integrated & working perfectly.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community