Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Forms in Checkout appear behind the footer

simo

Total Posts:  32

Hi All,

Hoping some might give me a clue as to what might be causing the footer to block out part of the forms displayed during checkout and customer registration.

As the form changes from checkout method (i’ve selected register) to the new customer registration form it kinda looks like the form changes but the page itself doesn’t refresh/reload and the new longer registration forms seems to appear ‘behind’ the footer so that the footer is blocking part of the form. I’ve tried tinkering with the CSS and layout but so far all I’ve managed to do is remove the footer from the entire site, and place a 400px top-margin on the footer so that it doesn’t cover any of the forms but this looks pretty silly on all the other pages :( I’ve got zero coding skill and only what I’ve picked up tinkering with magento as far as CSS goes so I’m now stuck.

I’ve attached an image of what happens.

Thanx in advance
Simo

Image Attachments
footer_issue.GIF

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie

Total Posts:  1655
Waterloo, ON

Can you post the css of your .footer ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

simo

Hi Sherrie,

Thanx for looking at it. The CSS from Boxes.css for .footer is as follows :

/********************** Footer */
.footer-container { background-color:#000000;/*border-top:15px solid #B6D1E2;*/ }
.footer {
width:930px;
margin:0 auto;
padding:10px 10px 4em;
background-color:#000000;
position:relative;
}
.footer .store-switcher { display:inline; padding:0 10px 0 0; vertical-align:middle; }
.footer .informational label { color:#fff; font-weight:bold; padding-right:3px; }
.footer .informational ul {
display:inline;
}
.footer .informational li {
display:inline;
background:url(../images/footer_info_separator.gif) no-repeat 100% 50%;
padding-right:8px;
padding-left:4px;
}
.footer .informational li.last { background:none; padding-right:0; }
.footer .informational a, .footer .informational a:hover { color:#ffffff; }
.footer .informational a { text-decoration:none; }
.footer .legality {
padding:13px 0;
color:#ecf3f6;
text-align:center;
}
.footer .legality a, .footer .legality a:hover { color:#ecf3f6; }

Cheers
Simon

Magento Community
Magento Community

simo

Hi Sherrie,

Don’t know why it only just occured to me as I’ve been looking at it for ages, but just as I clicked submit on that last post I thought to remove the line ‘position:relative’ from .footer and it all seems ok. Seems pretty obvious I guess given the footer position was wrong, guess I’ve just got a gift for missing the obvious, and maybe a little bit of fear that in removing stuff I’ll break it. smile

Thanx for looking
Simon

Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie

Total Posts:  1655
Waterloo, ON

Yeah, that’s what I thought when I first looked at it - though it does exist in the original css file.  If it works, then great, though! smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

IrishC

Total Posts:  89

I had the same problem last night and also had the same idea to fix it.  I’d recently upgraded to 1.1.4 but retained a boxes.css for a 1.1.2 install as I had heavily modified it.  I have found there are a few extra (or in this case less) updates to make on some classes to make it compatible.  So if you upgrade, and you are using a modified modern theme, then be aware that you’ll have to refer to the new boxes.css to fix certain display errors that arise.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community