Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Will Magento do this?

ccuurrttiiss

Total Posts:  3

Hello, I’m very impressed by the features of Magento but I am wondering whether it will suit this need:

I make personalised jewellery and I would like to give my customers the option of clicking a product and then entering their name or personalised message into a field on that page. That way when I recieve the order I will know exactly what text they would like on their product.

The obvious work around would be to have customers tell me via email or at the checkout stage but thats not what i want. they need to be able to add a note to the product itself before proceeding to checkout so they can order multiple personalised items.

that is all I require
Can Magento cater for this?

hope it makes sense

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie

Total Posts:  1655
Waterloo, ON

Magento will be able to do this in 1.1 which is scheduled to come out mid to late July

ccuurrttiiss - 03 July 2008 10:24 AM

Hello, I’m very impressed by the features of Magento but I am wondering whether it will suit this need:

I make personalised jewellery and I would like to give my customers the option of clicking a product and then entering their name or personalised message into a field on that page. That way when I recieve the order I will know exactly what text they would like on their product.

The obvious work around would be to have customers tell me via email or at the checkout stage but thats not what i want. they need to be able to add a note to the product itself before proceeding to checkout so they can order multiple personalised items.

that is all I require
Can Magento cater for this?

hope it makes sense

Magento Community
Magento Community

ccuurrttiiss

Total Posts:  3

awesome, I’ll hang around. I’m sure it’ll be worth the wait. What will the function be called do you know? so i know what to look out for when it is released

Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Guru

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

Custom Product Options:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/blog/comments/video-custom-product-options-in-magento-11/

Magento Community
Magento Community

SupremeTheme

Total Posts:  33
Austin

ADDITIONAL CHECKOUT ATTRIBUTES exactly does what you are looking for. You can ask for any information during Magento checkout that you require in form of Checkbox, RadioButton, Textarea, Messages and many more, see below features and attached image .

* Creates additional attributes smoothly for checkout and customer’s registration pages
* Supports the following input types for fields such as Text Field, Text Area, Date, Yes/No, Multiple Select, Dropdown, Checkbox, Radio Button
* Display custom text messages at any checkout step without creating any custom field
* Automatic validation can be configured for each custom fields
* Newly defined fields can be placed on any checkout step and at any desired location such as top, bottom or middle
* Can configure from the backend if custom fields are mandatory or not
* Associate custom fields with a specific product, category or customer group
* Information entered by customers is displayed on order details page in both admin area and in customer’s account
* Custom fields can be configured to display in invoice emails, PDFs and customer accounts
* Select desired store view for custom fields
* Compatible with PayPal Website Payments Pro - Express Checkout
* Comes with a User Manual
* The extension’s functionality is 100% Open Source.

Also get 25% discount coupon code by sending us an email at Creative Themes.

Additional Checkout Attributes

Image Attachments
review.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

Admina21

Total Posts:  35

If you are new to Magento, there are many resources out on the internet now that will help you with your Magento issues. Magento can do almost everything.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dotbyme

Total Posts:  1

adimagento - 03 July 2008 03:38 PM

Custom Product Options:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/blog/comments/video-custom-product-options-in-magento-11/

Thanks smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

dorothyshore

Total Posts:  1

There are lots of resources available on the internet for magento so don\\\’t worry you wont be stuck anywhere. If you are new then you can go through the tutorials which are nicely explained.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Technoduce

Total Posts:  19

Custom Product Options:

Thanks for sharing the info.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ryanlb

Total Posts:  6
USA/Canada/Worldwide

Macrogem - 12 December 2012 11:35 PM

Custom Product Options:

Thanks! It’s all I need now.

Nice, what a helpful forum huh? Lol. But yeah, needless to say, Magento can do you what you asked.

Magento Community
Magento Community

AITOC
Guru

Total Posts:  618
US

Hello,

Check out the Custom Product Preview extension for Magento This is a must-have for stores that sell products with custom graphics, such as T-shirts, mugs, mouse pads, etc.

Custom Product Preview extension for Magento enables your customers to create a preview of the end-product by placing their custom image and/or text over your product image. As Admin, you will be able to upload a background image that represents the custom product and define the printing area, and your customers will be able to upload and position their images and/or text that are to be printed, embroidered, etc. on your products. This easy-to-use and intuitive tool can provide you with an image that serves as an agreement with your customer of what the end-product should look like.

Play around with the demo store (admin / a111111) following the User Manual in order to get a better idea on how it works.

Thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Web Development

Total Posts:  2

Thanks for sharing this relevant information.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community