Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

www.coolerinsulators.com powered by Magento

kemptrandy8

Total Posts:  13

Total time to bring the shop online was about 8 hours........of course the 8 hours was spread over 2 weeks.  Been great for me so far.  Now if they could just help me sell them as easy as it was to make them available for sale smile

http://www.coolerinsulators.com

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

norbolig
Guru

Total Posts:  328

Congratulation. Well done in 8 hours.

As for the sale, then you should have some time left over for some clever and effective marketing! wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

eseller01

Total Posts:  10

Hi i would change the background, can you tell me how did you put special products on the main page and also on sub categories. I know there are couple listed can you tell me which one you used.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kingkao

Total Posts:  50
Toronto

Wow. 8 hours. I am very impressed. I wish I could move that fast. *sigh*.
Looks great, I have nothing bad to say.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kemptrandy8

eseller01 - 06 July 2008 06:23 PM

Hi i would change the background, can you tell me how did you put special products on the main page and also on sub categories. I know there are couple listed can you tell me which one you used.

I’m not 100% sure what you’re asking, check out this link <the tutorial was great!>:  http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/8916/

-Randy
http://www.coolerinsulators.com

Magento Community
Magento Community

kemptrandy8

norbolig - 03 July 2008 09:43 AM

Congratulation. Well done in 8 hours.

As for the sale, then you should have some time left over for some clever and effective marketing! wink

Any suggestions for clever and effective marketing with a $0 budget cheese

Magento Community
Magento Community

norbolig
Guru

wink Sure, I am the $0 budget marketing guru;

1) Try a product advertisement on eBay - invest some time in it - make it look professional (take the profit from the first sales to make even more and better advertisements).
2) Insert a advertisement for your product in as many web advertisements sites as possible (many are free - most are almost for free).
3) Give your company a presentation on your web shop. Customers usually don’t prefer to buy from “strangers on the street”. Magento has a CMS page for that - you just have to link to it from the footer.
4) Publish some articles with more technical details about your products on your web site (As as customer, that would built my confidence in your products)
5) Set up a CMS page with some more customers references (and let it grow as you get more satisfied customers)
6) Look for some complementary products, so that your shop does not “only” offer coolerinsulators - to draw some more traffic to your web site.
7) Are you a dealer - can you resell to dealers? Check if there is a market to deliver the products to store dealers - isn’t this a product that you typically would impulse buying in a shop on a hot day. Start locally.
8) Find the best price comparison site for your product type. As soon as you have a little money for marketing, buy a click pacage to test it out. That gave fantastic results for my products.

Good luck!

Magento Community
Magento Community

coronac

Total Posts:  50
Florida

You can also try posting ads on online classified pages, but since your products is targeting a niche market i would recommend writing articles and reviews.

Also, how did you edit your layout? Is that a template or custom design?

take care

Magento Community
Magento Community

norbolig
Guru

@coronac: The product view is is the Modern theme template. It is a great theme!

The home page is CMS, with the content:

{{block_type="catalog/product_list" category_id="put in the number for your product category id” template="catalog/product/list.phtml"}}

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community