Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 3
Installation of a language pack

PhilipDac

Total Posts:  17

Moshe,

Willing to share it with you but I’m very new to the system. Please let me know what is the login info and how I can get it.

Thanks,
Bacscar

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ntis

Total Posts:  18

Wow, it partially works on my system now !
I can see some Vietnamese titles.  The screen is not fully displayed in Vietnamese. There might be problem with the language CSV files.

Anyway, feel much more better now.

Special thanks to all of you.

Image Attachments
Magento.JPG

Magento Community
Magento Community

PhilipDac

Total Posts:  17

My installation worked with CSV files corrected by NTIS. Thanks everyones for your help.

Bacscar.

Magento Community
Magento Community

helloman

Total Posts:  1

Hi
I look for a french translation , can u help me .
thinks

Magento Community
Magento Community

FrenchMaster

Total Posts:  4

I read somewhere that the language function ist not activated yet. That means, een if you choose another language in the admin panel, you’ll always see the english language ("your Cart” for example)

IS THAT RIGHT?

tried with 6.13.160 LARGE

Magento Community
Magento Community

Hadifarnoud

Total Posts:  210
Guildford, Surrey, UK

bacscar - 25 October 2007 12:26 AM

My installation worked with CSV files corrected by NTIS. Thanks everyones for your help.

Bacscar.

what is NTIS? i googled it

Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael_1
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

FrenchMaster - 28 October 2007 05:10 AM

I read somewhere that the language function ist not activated yet. That means, een if you choose another language in the admin panel, you’ll always see the english language ("your Cart” for example)
IS THAT RIGHT?

Hi FrenchMaster,

No, that’s not right. There was a bit of text not present in translation files. All the rest of text can be translated.
Transplations changes (including recently added/removed strings as well) will be avalaible right after the next Magento update released.

Thank you,

Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael_1
Enthusiast

!MP - 28 October 2007 06:12 AM

what is NTIS? i googled it

ntis - it’s a Magento community username. See the posts above in this thread grin

Magento Community
Magento Community

Hadifarnoud

Total Posts:  210
Guildford, Surrey, UK

lol

Magento Community
Magento Community

screenrio

Total Posts:  3
Côte d’Azur

bas1968 - 22 October 2007 03:25 AM

Hello, I have downloaded the dutch translation. Where do I need to install this language pack and how can I activate it?

Where do I find those “downloadable” language packs?

Magento Community
Magento Community

jsperri

Total Posts:  126
Fistufle

screenrio:
You should check in the International forums: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewcategory/21/
Most languages have a specific forum section where you can find a sticky post with the official translation, updated by the community members.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sdrio

Total Posts:  19

Having a problem with the Brazilian Portuguese translation here.

I have unzipped the files, put them where they appear to belong, but when I select the Portuguese (brasil) locale, the result is an enourmous list of errors (like 1,000+ lines of errors. .  ) with the shop in English at the bottom.

The errors are all in blocks, for example here’s the first block:

Warning: fopen(/Volumes/Data-250/web/mydomain/loja/app/locale/pt_BR/Mage_Core.csv) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /Volumes/Data-250/web/mydomain/loja/lib/Varien/File/Csv.php on line 85
[0] in fopen("/Volumes/Data-250/web/mydomain/loja/app/locale/pt_BR/Mage_Core.csv", “r") in /Volumes/Data-250/web/mydomain/loja/lib/Varien/File/Csv.php on line 85
[1] in Varien_File_Csv->getData("/Volumes/Data-250/web/mydomain/loja/app/locale/pt_BR/Mage_Core.csv") in /Volumes/Data-250/web/mydomain/loja/lib/Varien/File/Csv.php on line 104
[2] in Varien_File_Csv->getDataPairs("/Volumes/Data-250/web/mydomain/loja/app/locale/pt_BR/Mage_Core.csv") in /Volumes/Data-250/web/mydomain/loja/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Translate.php on line 274
[3] in Mage_Core_Model_Translate->_getFileData("/Volumes/Data-250/web/mydomain/loja/app/locale/pt_BR/Mage_Core.csv") in /Volumes/Data-250/web/mydomain/loja/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Translate.php on line 181
[4] in Mage_Core_Model_Translate->_loadModuleTranslation("Mage_Core", Array[1]) in /Volumes/Data-250/web/mydomain/loja/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Translate.php on line 105
[5] in Mage_Core_Model_Translate->init("frontend") in /Volumes/Data-250/web/mydomain/loja/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App/Area.php on line 137

Any ideas?

[edit] cut down the example, sure you get the idea. The real one is 100 x longer :D

Magento Community
Magento Community

sdrio

Total Posts:  19

OK, well I found a solution - I set both the new language directories to read/write for all, which I’m not sure is the correct way, as the english ones are read only.

Still, it works now. I’ll leave the original post in case anyone is searching.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael_1
Enthusiast

sdrio - 15 December 2007 07:53 AM

I set both the new language directories to read/write for all, which I’m not sure is the correct way, as the english ones are read only.

Hi sdrio,

You should just make sure that your language dir is readable by the web-server. No write permissions are required (except yourself, for sure).

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sander

Total Posts:  232
Netherlands

For the people that correctly installed a language pack and are now wondering why their chosen language still doesn’t show up on the front page:

A possible reason might be translation caching. In the admin backend, go to system-cache management. Refresh all cache, and then reload your home page. That’s how I got the Dutch translation to show up, at least.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 3