Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

A Few Questions

Mead

Total Posts:  3

I tried to install Magento about two weeks ago.  The installation went fine.  Then, I tried to import my OsCommerce products to the store.  The products did not wind up on the front of the store.  I had to search the frontend forever for the drop-down on the bottom, to choose the store I imported.  When I finally looked at the products, there were no images for them.  I have around 2,000 products, so that’s no good for me to fix manually.  Anyway, I tried to make that store show up as the default view, and the entire store imploded on me.

Questions:
How do I make the store I import the default store to begin with?
How do I ensure the images will show up?

Also, my main problem with OsCommerce is that the shipping was always calculated by weight, but not calculated by size.  So, we’d get the order and fill it, then arrive at the post office, only to find that the shipping price would only be appropriate if the product was small enough for Media Mail.  I need to know if Magento has a solution to this that can work with Attributes, so that we don’t have to pay shipping out of pocket.
The other option would be for us to give Free Shipping and raise the prices of everything, which turns off most window shoppers.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Mead

Total Posts:  3

I would like to thank you all for your massive support.

I’ll be sure to tell everyone I know how much of a pain in the ass Magento is and how nobody is ever on these forums.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community