Magento Forum

Questions

piero

Total Posts:  14

Hi! I just discovered this nice product but I m not sure it can do what I would like to realize. Could you tell me if what I dream its possible? smile

1) I have more entities/shop owners that would manage their own section and products on the same website. For example first subsection is managed by shop A, second by Shop B… and obvioulsy the client could buy anything on the shop
2) Each shop owner receive his orders so he can treat them. The admin can see the sales of each shop, per day, month,year.
3) Could it be possible that some shops can sell/deliver only in certain regions of a country
4) Each shop could have on his own website a copy of the main shop, with option a) have all the sections b)only his section with his products and on this copy a user could register and buy directly from his shop-copy.
5) If the point 3 its ok, could it be possible to have a discount on all products on the main website, and no discount (or other discounts) on the copy-shops who are on the websites of their owners.

Thanks a lot! If everything is possible my dream come true smile

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Magento Team

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

This is possible but would require a significant amount of programming. Hope this helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community

piero

Thanks, but which point should require programming? All the points ? I thought at least the point 1-2 were already possible with magento, so im wrong…
So I should ask to a developer or can I ask to someone here how much it would be to realize that.

Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Magento Team

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

All points would require programming. Magento is not designed to facilitate full separation between catalog/orders/configuration per store per user group.

It would be difficult to find a developer at this point, but once a production version is released early next year, I am sure it will be easier.

Hope this helps.

Roy

Magento Community
Magento Community

piero

Thanks… Im wondering if there are other solutions actually ready to do that.
If not I’m a bit frustrated to wait so long wink but if you tell me better waiting...I’ll wait wink

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community