Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Image Resizing in Proportion

ken8

Total Posts:  3

Hi, I am wondering if magento has a module for resizing the images in proportion? I am currently setting up a site and find it squeezes up the image and makes for a very un-attractive picture.
I have tried cropping images so that they are the same width x height but this is just a not suitable option for some shape images.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Joachim

Total Posts:  133
Netherlands

Hi Ken8,

Look for something like

?php echo $this->helper('catalog/image')->init($_product'small_image')->resize(135135); ?>
I think you have already found.. change (135,135) to (135,0) to have fixed width or change to (0,135) to have fixed height.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie

Total Posts:  1655
Waterloo, ON

There is also a community extension to do this here: http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/153/direct-resize

Magento Community
Magento Community

chapagain

Total Posts:  202

Here is the code and tutorial on resizing image proportionally.

Resize image proportionally

Hope this will solve your problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community