Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 6
Export All Products V1.4.0.1 timeout vs 1.3x

measureddesigns

Total Posts:  16
Leigh on Sea

I can export to a max file size of around 1,060kb. I was able to split my products into three groups based on sku to get around this, but one group is now too big to export individually. I also upped the memory_limit and max_execution_time.

Not having any joy getting the cron job above to run.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

imwy2cool

Total Posts:  164

Has anyone else had any luck with getting their products exported in Magento 1.4.0.1? I have about 5,500 products that I need to export and it when I try to “Run Profile in Popup” a new tab opens and says “Loading” and it will stay in that mode for hours if I let it. If I split it up and export an attribute set that has say 1,000 products it will work fine. Not only does it work fine, but it pops up and generates a file in less than 20 seconds. I have 5 attribute sets so this works with 4 of them that have between 300-1000 products in each set, but my largest set has 3,500 products. No matter what I do this set fails. I’ve increased memory, execution time, etc. to the max and it still fails.

There has got to be a way to export 5,500 products in one shot. This isn’t an enormous catalog compared to others. Aren’t others out there dealing with this? I’ve found this mentioned in several threads, but no one seems to have found any solutions. I have some things I want to edit in my catalog and I want to to it in mass . . . it’s ridiculous having to find a way to break the catalog into smaller parts so that I can get it exported.

Also, I tried running the cron job mentioned earlier and it failed after 10-15 minutes . . .

I’m on a dedicated box, so I’m not necessarily running out of resources that I’m aware of.

Magento Community
Magento Community

GreyWolf

Total Posts:  46

@ imwy2cool

I too am experiencing the same exact thing with 22,000 simple products in v1.4.01.

Has anyone discovered the solution?

Does anyone know if this bug was fixed in 1.4.1?

Magento Community
Magento Community

imwy2cool

I’m not sure if it has, but I still wish there was a way that we could get this fixed without having to upgrade. I usually wait a good two months before upgrading so that any extensions that I have used can be updated, and any kinks worked out. I’ve been trying everything and there aren’t a lot of other posts out there with useful information on this topic.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Petrache Nicolae

Total Posts:  29

many complains in case of 20000+ products. i can’t export 560 products? pop up show and in 10 sec stops? it was a nightmare to load this 560 products...i had to split the file in 9 parts to get it loaded ok. now i need to make some modifications and i am stuck. and upgrading to the new 1.4.1 is not a solution for me since in just 1 file i have found that they have added like 100 new lines. instead of making each verion lighter they make it bigger and bigger… i have english and romanian, for the english is not a problem but for the romanian will have to take each file and translate again and beside it is changing my layout and so i intent to stick with the 1.4.0.1 version...just need a solution to this problem. have tryed the store manager for magento and the export file is made diferent from the magento and i can’t work with that.

Magento Community
Magento Community

GreyWolf

We discovered that under v1.4 the export still works, however it now takes an unusually long period of time, as in 45 minutes for every 1K of products. For us it was 14 hours for 22,000 items. We had to use a script on the command line to get it to work.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Petrache Nicolae

GreyWolf - 09 July 2010 06:43 AM

We discovered that under v1.4 the export still works, however it now takes an unusually long period of time, as in 45 minutes for every 1K of products. For us it was 14 hours for 22,000 items. We had to use a script on the command line to get it to work.

for me the problem is that i do not have any sign of progress as i did before, no loading sign at all...will let it run for 3-4 hours to see if any results are produced

Magento Community
Magento Community

GreyWolf

Perhaps you can try to monitor the progress by checking the file as it is located on your server, via your FTP program, by refreshing the view of the file in the folder. The size of the file in the folder should increase as it is exporting, if the export is working.

Magento Community
Magento Community

karminek

Total Posts:  19

i start exporting my products about 20 minut ago.... and i have not a file in export catalog.... any idea ? i use 1.4.1.0
i try exporting about 5000 products

Magento Community
Magento Community

Petrache Nicolae

GreyWolf - 09 July 2010 09:18 AM

Perhaps you can try to monitor the progress by checking the file as it is located on your server, via your FTP program, by refreshing the view of the file in the folder. The size of the file in the folder should increase as it is exporting, if the export is working.

this is the problem. i have no file created.

Image Attachments
Untitled.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

karminek

Total Posts:  19

i dont have this dialog… ;(
blank page. i have this dialog after export is complete.

i looked into phpmyadmin while exporting
i try to export 1000 products

first 100-250 products goes fast (i observe how fast number of records in dataflow_batch_export table increase)
but export speed slow down with number of items…

Magento Community
Magento Community

GreyWolf

Sounds like a memory problem. Did you try to clear your caches before hand, or increase your memory settings on the server?

Magento Community
Magento Community

imwy2cool

I tend to think that this is NOT a memory issue. I’m on a dedicated box and I have increased the memory very high and I still can’t get 5,500 products to export. I can get about 1,200, but that’s about the threshold where it seems to freeze and the loading just goes on and on with a blank white screen. I also don’t get that dialogue box in the screen shot above, but rather it is just a blank white screen. I’ve let it sit there for hours and hours (all the while it seems to make the live site and admin area very sluggish and slow like it is taking every bit of available resources just to pull this file), and it still won’t work. I did NOT have this problem in previous versions of Magento with this many products and I didn’t have a dedicated server either. Now I’ve got 4 quad core processors and 12gb of ram, turned my memory up crazy high, and I can’t get 5,500 products to export. Something isn’t right.

I’ve also checked to make sure my php.ini isn’t overruling my memory settings, etc. I’ve had my host look at it with me and they’ve confirmed my memory was really high. In fact, they strongly advised I set it lower, which I did after I tried to test it.

Right now these are my settings:

php_value memory_limit 1024M
php_value memory_limit 1024M
php_value post_max_size 20M
php_value max_execution_time 30000
php_value max_input_time 60000

I had the memory limits 4 times that and it still won’t export.

Here’s the other thing . . . when I export say 500 products it takes about 10 seconds to generate an export file. Why would it take hours and hours for one with 5,000? I could see saying that it might take a few minutes, but hours? When I pull 1,200 products it takes just over 20 seconds and the product file is exported in it’s entirety.

Something else that should be noted is I don’t even get a partial file when I try to export 5,500 products. I just get a blank export file that never fills with anything. I only say that because someone mentioned above that we should check our export folder and see if the expected exported file is growing with ftp. I’ve never seen it grow regardless of file size. It’s either all there, or it’s not, but maybe I’m missing something.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Chis

Total Posts:  10

I’ve just completed an upgrade to 1.4.1.0 from 1.4.0.1 hoping that would fix the problem as it’s says something abut import/export in the release notes, and still cannot export all my data (3888 products).

I can export individual attribute sets, but I have 124 of them so that’ll be a batch (excuse the pun) of a job to do every time I want to do mass changes!

As everyone else is reporting it worked like a dream prior to 1.4*

Really hope someone manages to come up with a solution soon.

Magento Community
Magento Community

imwy2cool

Chis - 21 July 2010 02:19 AM

I’ve just completed an upgrade to 1.4.1.0 from 1.4.0.1 hoping that would fix the problem as it’s says something abut import/export in the release notes, and still cannot export all my data (3888 products).

I can export individual attribute sets, but I have 124 of them so that’ll be a batch (excuse the pun) of a job to do every time I want to do mass changes!

As everyone else is reporting it worked like a dream prior to 1.4*

Really hope someone manages to come up with a solution soon.

Darn :-( I was thinking of doing this myself in a few weeks in hopes that the latest version would fix the export issue as I saw the note about importing and exporting in the release notes as well. I’ve been trying to compare this version with the older 1.3+ versions and see what might have made this an issue, but I hardly pretend to know Magento as well as I would like so my progress is very slow going.

It’s so frustrating that it worked well in the past and now it doesn’t.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 6