Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Disabled Products Display in Search & Categories

ufonium

Total Posts:  3
Fresno, CA

Some simple products appear to have become corrupted. When those products are set to Status: Disabled and Visibility: Nowhere, they are still showing up in their category listings and in search results. Recreating or duplicating the product fix the problem, but I don’t see any error that may let me know how the product became corrupted to begin with. A direct comparison between the new or duplicated product and the original corrupted product show them to be exactly the same (even when the new product is given the same sku as the old product). I don’t know where else to look for discrepancies.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

liotropi

Total Posts:  182
Athens, Greece

I had a similar problem.
Managed it somehow by not usiing “all store views” when editing product
I used the specific store view
Hope this helps

Magento Community
Magento Community

ufonium

Total Posts:  3
Fresno, CA

I was actually able to do a quick fix to some of the problem products by creating a duplicate of the product and deleting the original.

Open the offending product in the Admin backend and clicked the “Duplicate” button.
Copy the SKU from the old product and deleted the old product.
Paste the SKU into the new product (this field was left blank when the duplicate was created)
Set the product Status to Enabled and Visablity to Catalog, Search on the General portion of the product page
Save the product

This worked for both simple and configurable products. However, this problem is ongoing and appears to affect ever product in my store. I don’t know how to fix the problem site wide.

Any suggestions?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community