Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Updating Prototype??? 

dan_w

Total Posts:  290

I’m trying to build a product carousel on the view.phtml that will update the view.phtml content via ajax for the product clicked. I’ve got the output fine, but I want to use prototype 1.6x for the carousel and magento uses 1.5x. No problem, right, just use the prototype 1.6. Well, this throws an error and breaks the addtocart function. I get a “too much recursion” error. Has anybody updated to the newest prototype release? Any help appreciated.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Tashman

Total Posts:  4

Hi.

Did you manage to a solution for this? I’d like to implement something similar but using jQuery.

Magento Community
Magento Community

rrbaker

Total Posts:  3

I haven’t found a solution either, although wishing for v1.6 and disappointed to find v1.5 still used in the upcoming 1.1 release of Magento.  Anyone who can take the time to find a solution for this would be most appreciated.  I can only add I’ve tried jQuery and I’ve tried upgrading to Prototype v1.6, only to get the same results as the first post, and I’ve noticed I’m unable to click through to products or CMS pages on the admin side of things, so certainly not recommended.

Magento Community
Magento Community

nikefido
Guru

Total Posts:  481
New Haven, CT

may I ask how you got your output for your ajax calls?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community