Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Google Checkout Only…. Is it possible to disable the magento checkout? 

pritch20001

Total Posts:  63

Hi Guys,

I only want to use google checkout and it is a little confusing for the customer at the moment because the checkout links all link to the magento checkout. Is it possible to disable within admin or would I have to “hack” this?

I would only want the google checkout buttons in the cart too…

Cheers,
Joe

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

WhoIsGregg

Total Posts:  64
Tampa, Florida

This feature is available (at least as recently as 1.1.3, probably sooner).

To disable Magento “one page” checkout, go to Admin panel and follow these steps:
System -> Configuration -> Sales -> Checkout -> Checkout Options -> Disable Onepage Checkout-> Yes

You’ll also need to disable multiple address checkout to prevent people from accessing the checkout via that route:
System -> Configuration -> Sales -> Shipping Settings -> Options -> Allow Shipping to multiple addresses-> No

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community