Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Where “cart”, “poll” and “recently viewed product” blocks are called? 

shopotou

Total Posts:  17

Hi,

Here is my home page:
http://img395.imageshack.us/my.php?image=homepageni5.jpg

As you can see it i’ve cleaned my right col a little. No more callout product nor compared product:
cf here is an extract of my catalog.xml :

<reference name="right">
     <!--<
block type="core/template" before="cart_sidebar" name="catalog.compare.sidebar" template="catalog/product/compare/sidebar.phtml"/>-->
     <!--<
block type="core/template" name="right.permanent.callout" template="callouts/right_col.phtml"/>-->
</
reference>

However i do not understand why a checkout cart block a poll block and even a recently viewed product block are called.
(if of course i’ve cliked on a product detail page).

I have a theory about that,
tell me if i’m right or wrong:

I think my file
my_theme\default\layout\page.xml check in all xml file in this same folder
my_theme\default\layout\
and if it found in their own section <default>
a block code:

<
reference name="right">
(
one or more blocks defined here)
</
reference>
so it display them on my right col.

Wich match with the fact that the following function is called on my 2columns-right.phtml template file:

$this->getChildHtml('right')

but if everything i said is right,
How is defined the order in wich these blocks are dispalyed?

Thanks by advance for your answers!

wink

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jdurand

Total Posts:  9

From what I understand you are simply referencing the right block.  What you need to do if go through the layouts and find other areas where right is referenced then simply remove or add what you need to the right column.  You will need to thumb through a lot of files else use some sort of searching tool like grep for linux.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community