Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento Showoff with custom Template

cristianb

Total Posts:  2
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Hi, all I am customizing Magento to make a concept e-commerce site, as I am in Argentina, the site is in spanish (sorry by the inconvenience). Please checkout at OMI Indumentaria, actualy there are no products and not all pages are implemented, in the next few days I will load the missing pages, some categories, products, fix some CSS issues on Mozilla, and also do more translations.

As a note I just added some templates and blocks to customize menu and footer, that was a good experience to do with Magento.

Bye!!!

Cristian

Image Attachments
pagina1.jpgpagina2.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Total Posts:  1144

look good so far.

I think the cart (red background) should stay on the right column. It’s for usability reason because users are accustom to how certain elements being displayed, for instance, logo on the top left, search box on the right top. Some convention ought to follow I think.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Josue4ever

Total Posts:  138
Mexico DF

Yo pienso que se ve bien, aunque si la cesta debe de ir al otro lado, pero pienso que vas bien. Saludos

I think that is ok, but the cart must be in the left side. but in general is ok.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Pocket Aces

Total Posts:  3

First off nice work good stuff,

Bit of advice from a purely developer point of view,
you shouldnt develop using a browser that notoriously renders web standards incorrectly.(IE)
You should use a browser which renders correctly, such as firefox, to develop and then make minor tweaks for IE.
From experience this will make your life a whole lot easier.
Also search for ‘css reset’, this will help loads as it did me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

phrench

Total Posts:  67

site is slow as hell just like every other MC install :-(

template is very nice though! maybe the header is a little bit to large…

Magento Community
Magento Community

AliciaAO

Total Posts:  20

just so you know you favicon.ico is “broken” red car is a bit much possible to make just the top red instead of the whole thing? and very slow load...?? otherwise it looks nice i like the way you rounded some corners.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community