Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How can I show new products on front page Heeeeellllppp!!!!! 

rerbe

Total Posts:  4

Hi All,
I have trawled the forums but cant find an answer to my query. I am trying to put my new additions (products) on the new page, (similar to oscommerce) I have tried all options I can find I am pulling my hair out with this one but nothing shows up, I have tried adding the dample data shown on the demo site and that shows up ok.

I have tried
{{block type="catalog/product_new" name="home.catalog.product.new" alias="product_new" template="catalog/product/new.phtml"}}
but nothing shows.

Is it possible that the new.phtml is missing? what is the full path to this file?

Please help !!!!

Thanks in advance

Richard

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

dan_w

Total Posts:  290

Are you setting the “new from” and “new to” dates in the backend for the products? The new products block is not “recently added” products, but rather products that have to be defined as new.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Natalie

dan_w - 01 July 2008 11:56 AM

Are you setting the “new from” and “new to” dates in the backend for the products? The new products block is not “recently added” products, but rather products that have to be defined as new.

I’m having this same problem.

I’ve inputted one category, and one product in that category to test.

I marked both ENABLED, and the product as NEW.

Nothing shows on my homepage.

(store.pixelkitty.net)

I installed the MODERN theme, and have posted an issue with getting it to work also in the Modern theme Documentation thread.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ODB

Total Posts:  142
London

Like dan_w said, you have to set the ‘new from’ and ‘new to’ dates on the first (general) page of the product in the admin. Have you done this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

rerbe

Hi Dan, thanks for the info, works great, do you know if there is an easy way to show recently added products in the same way?

Thanks again

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community