Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento Defaults

easyfroob

Total Posts:  3

Hi there,
Weeks back I started on my website then stopped in the middle of working on it because I couldn’t figure out how to make the home page.  Now that Magento has a growing forum, I decided to give it a go again.

I have the 3 Columns for my website on the main page, the defaults.
How do I edit the default items on the left column and the right?  What are they called and how do I make a custom one and place it there?

On the Magento demo, how did they set up the catergories in the beginning and everything that was in the middle section?

Also, why is it when I do a search on my website for say ‘Hoodies’ it doesn’t show catergories, but it does show products once you click, anyway to fix?

Many thanks in advanced!

Easyfroob

www.stripedtee.com

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

easyfroob

Now i have it so new products show up, any way to make the same affect for catergories?

Magento Community
Magento Community

reefnut

Total Posts:  72

I think I may be to help you a bit. Your categories are not showing probably because they need to be subcategories to the default categorie. Also be sure they are active.

If what you are asking is how to put categories on the left read this tutorial it is a god sent.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/720/

Magento Community
Magento Community

easyfroob

thank you very much, very useful
+rep if there was some smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community