Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Catergories Not displaying on Home page

Concept

Total Posts:  25
Worcestershire

Hello,
Trying to add the catergories to magento, have got them listed in the admin with a few test products but the catergories are not appearing on the homepage, you can only find them through the search box function. Do i need to change something on the template that comes with the download?

Thanks
Merv

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Guru

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

Looks like you are missing a step when creating the categories. Please review the user guide for details:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/welcome_to_the_magento_user_s_guide/chapter_3#creating_and_managing_categories

Magento Community
Magento Community

Concept

Worcestershire

Hi Abi,
Thanks for this but we have tried again on numerous occasions today to sort this category problem out but still have the same results. Please could you maybe point us in the right direction as we have followed the steps rigidly and still can’t see the category live on the site although the search button brings up the test product.... Very weird indeed.

Magento Community
Magento Community

reefnut

Total Posts:  72

Hello Merv

I had the same problem took me all day to figure out that I had to put my categories as a sub category to Default Category and then they showed up fine. With any luck this will have been your problem also.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Concept

Worcestershire

Thanks Reefnut,

Yeah thats sorted it, they are showing on the home page now. I think Megento need to clarify this a little in the setup as i see a lot of problems have this problem.

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community