Magento Forum

configure a product to have various options when option selected to display a different price beneath the product

superted

Total Posts:  2

Hi

i am new to the magento forum and hope somebody could help on how to do the following if possible

i have a product and wish for the price to change when the customer selects an option from say a drop down list i.e

the list defines the customers i.e as an adult or a child, when selected this would change the price accordingly below the product.

would i make this a configuarable product?

any guidance would be appreciated..

thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jenks

Total Posts:  37
Michigan

Yes this would be a configurable product. When you are creating the associated simple products you normally leave price empty on the associated products. However, you can put an amount in the price field on these and it adds that amount to the base price. So if the configurable product is $10 and you put $2 on the associated product it will calculate to $12.

Magento Community
Magento Community

superted

Total Posts:  2

Hi Jenks

Thanks for that information, played about with configurable products and having associated products but not what i require, will try to explain ideally what I am looking to do more clearly

(this site will be a hire shop)

* Customer finds the product he\she wants to buy
* Product will have up to 4 different options associated with it and when the chosen option is selected will change the price beneath the product to suit, but will not alter the product offered in any way and is not a new associated product as such just an option for selection.

example

An adult wants to hire the product for 10 days = £50
An adult wants to hire the product for 20 days = £90
and so on…

Is there any way i could have a drop down list of these options below the product and when selected would change the price accordingly.

any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community