Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Is Fedex Shipping still an option? 

Matix

Total Posts:  4

I read through a number of messages regarding getting Fedex shipping to work.  They were posted earlier in 2007.  I went and got a developer key so that I could start testing Fedex transactions.  In the process, I also found a thread about debugging shipping problems and was able to start logging the shipping request and response to my system log. 

The issue I see is:  The Fedex documentation I downloaded requires using a developer key/password and also a meter number to access the rate availability service.  Those items are not provided on the fedex setup form and they are not sent along with the fedex rate request.  Is the Fedex implementation outdated?  Does Magento use a different or older API?  In addition to the new credentials, the xml api is slightly different.

If anyone is currently successfully using the Fedex Rate query, did they have to do custom work or is it working for them?

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Matix

Total Posts:  4

I did more research on this.

1) The Magento Fedex Implementation uses FSM API direct connect from FedEx, which is indeed outdated and unsupported by FedEx.  It still works, but they aren’t very helpful and instead encourage you to upgrade your implementation to the newer WSDL requests.  This shouldn’t be too hard because they have sample PHP code you can use.

2) The existing FSM API is still in operation, and won’t be turned off, but you have to perform a service request in order to get a meter number to begin using it.  There is no place to modify the meter number in the Fedex settings under admin.  I had to instead hack my meter number into the Fedex.php code manually.  You can get the documentation for performing the service request by emailing and explaining what you’d like to do.

Hope this helps someone.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community