Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Multiple Stores / Administration

capty99

Total Posts:  2

Hi Guys,

I am doing some research prior to an upcoming web project my company is about to take on and I just have a question.

We envision a system similar to an ebay stores, just multiple storefronts unified under one shopping system.

osCommerce is our current shopping system, it has been hacked beyond recognizance, but this new plan will be require a complete redesign so I am checking out the other ones out there and magento was recommended.

So we have multiple suppliers (we’re talking close to a hundred, with the possibility for that to double) who many of whom would like their own administration to upload / change their products, but we would obviously like to be the main admins for absolutely everything.

Does magento currently feature any implementation similar to this, any modules that could extend it to do so? If not, I understand it is open source and obviously can be changed to my hearts content, but how extensible is it for someone whos not an expert, but instead more intermediate php-wise.

Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mirage

Total Posts:  40
Milwaukee, WI

capty99 - 30 June 2008 11:50 AM

Does magento currently feature any implementation similar to this, any modules that could extend it to do so? If not, I understand it is open source and obviously can be changed to my hearts content, but how extensible is it for someone whos not an expert, but instead more intermediate php-wise.

Version 1.1 is said to have some WebServices support, so it’s possible that could be utilized for what you need. But too hard to tell until it’s released. Since I’m in a similar situation, I’ve been preparing to provide my own webservice as a front end to the Dataflow functionality.

Cheers,
-m

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community