Magento Forum

How Hosting to respect System Requirements? 

Dave

Total Posts:  16
Lecce

Hi guys,
I’m an italian boy, I wanted to know which hosting it (url? plane?) respects requirement in order to install magento.
sorry for my english

Tnx Dave

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

dmitry

Total Posts:  5

http://www.nexcess.net/software/magento-web-hosting.php

Magento Community
Magento Community

Skew

Total Posts:  31
Phoenix

Dave - 01 September 2007 02:35 PM

Hi guys,
Im an italian boy, I wanted to know which hosting it (url? plane?) respects requirement in order to install magento.
sorry for my english

Tnx Dave

Requirements: http://www.magentocommerce.com/system-requirements

Ignore the spam link above—it’s overpriced garbage.

Magento Community
Magento Community

austinstorm

Total Posts:  31
Moscow, ID

Endorsed is a bit strong. Listed in a directory of hosts is not the same as a full-on endorsement.

And yes, it is overpriced. Most decent hosts will be flexible enough to install Magento. Just send them a link to the system requirements and ask if they will accomodate you. They want your business, and in my experience will bend over backwards. If you have a small hosting company that you trust, use them! I have one that’s $12 a month for e-commerce (plus SSL cert and domain registration, which are separate).

Magento Community
Magento Community

Richard F.

Total Posts:  23

austinstorm - 03 September 2007 04:19 PM

Endorsed is a bit strong. Listed in a directory of hosts is not the same as a full-on endorsement.

And yes, it is overpriced. Most decent hosts will be flexible enough to install Magento. Just send them a link to the system requirements and ask if they will accomodate you. They want your business, and in my experience will bend over backwards. If you have a small hosting company that you trust, use them! I have one that’s $12 a month for e-commerce (plus SSL cert and domain registration, which are separate).

What’s the problem with Nexcess? If you pay annually, their monthly break-down is below $7.

I like Dreamhost a lot but I cannot get Magento to work with them.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community