Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Categories on Homepage

schmelzgeist

Total Posts:  92
Marzipane World Capital (Lübeck, Germany)

Is their any prebuilt function for getting all categories ?  i browsed the PhPdoc but didn’t found one.

I want to display all main categories at the homepage and the code of the catalog/navigation/left.phtml does not display the catagories when there isn’t a parent-category.

and i wonder how do i display that anyway:
this is the update XML for the homepage:

<reference name="content">

<
block type="core/template" name="main.search" as="mainSearch" template="catalogsearch/form.mini_2.phtml"/>
<
block type="catalog/navigation" name="catalog.leftnav" as="cat" template="catalog/navigation/left.phtml"/>
<
block type="reports/product_viewed" name="home.reports.product.viewed" alias="product_viewed" template="reports/home_product_viewed.phtml" after="product_new"/>
<
block type="reports/product_compared" name="home.reports.product.compared" template="reports/home_product_compared.phtml" after="product_viewed" />
</
reference><reference name="right">
<
action method="unsetChild"><alias>right.reports.product.viewed</alias></action>
<
action method="unsetChild"><alias>right.reports.product.compared</alias></action>
</
reference>

that nothing will be displayed is ok, since left.phtml will not delivered while the code is empty, but is his the right syntax for the layout?

help is much appreciated.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community