Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Top category navigation question

jmlee

Total Posts:  53

I saw this featured magento site: http://sandbox.mobileedgeblog.com/

and i am curious to know that for the site’s “company” and “support” categories sitting alongside the product categories, how was that implemented?  It seems like the “company” is set up as a product category, and then there are dropdowns serving as sub-categories…

I am curious to know how they setup those two content-based categories/sub-categories.

i believe that those links can be hard-coded, but i doubt that’s what they did...i am just curious to know if anyone can help me understand how that can be implemented.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

v2uk

Total Posts:  64

It’s a manual hack, head ingo the topnav phtml file, and add more <li></li>’s, only issue with doing this is you will have no control over the active tag, and as such you won’t be able to tell the user where they are beyond the tread / title / h1.

One of the crappy things about magento to be honest, if anyone has a fix for this, please share smile

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community