Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Can’t Add Products or Customers from Admin Panel?

Parlays

Total Posts:  15

When I try to add products or customers from the admin panel and then the loading animation comes up and it goes to the main admin dashboard and no record is created?  There is no error message or anything.  Any advice on how to fix this is much appreciated.  How can I figure out what is going wrong.

I’ve tried reinstalling Magento and it didn’t help.  Please help.

Right now there is no problem adding/edit categories.  I installed the sample data before I installed Magento and the admin interface won’t let me edit the products or customers info.

Thanks!!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Parlays

Thanks, but I do not believe that is the solution, because when I add products, instead of saying “Product Added” or “Product Saved”, it goes to the main dashboard.

It seems like this is a common problem for many people but nobody here seems to want to take the time to comment or help unless we pay the $500 for the support package.  Quite dissapointing.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Lior
Magento Team

Total Posts:  293

@Parlays,
Please provide information about your server and Magento version
Also did you did reinstall, did you use downloader or full version?
Did you delete the DB or you installed on the previous DB?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Parlays

Hello Lior,

Thanks for the response, much appreciated, quite frustrating this problem is.

I used the Magento Downloader for version 1.0.19870.4 and installed it on a Linux Dedicated Server running Fedora Core 7 with I believe all the software updated such as PHP 5.2.6.  I made sure I have all the Magento requirements such APC and when I reinstalled it the second time I deleted the database and created a new one with the sample data.

But certain things don’t work, I can’t add/edit products (edit the sample data), I can’t add/edit customers, I can’t change caching to enabled.  I set the debug profiler on but it really gives me no info after I add a new product because instead of showing an error it goes straight to the main dashboard.

What do you recommend I try good sir?  Thanks again for your help.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Parlays

Also when I used the downloader and it was installing, it stated at the bottom of the window that there optional PEAR packages I could install, like WebInstaller, I didn’t know what to make of it, it showed 3 different PEAR packages.

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Parlays

Just tried installing the full version not the downloader, and I still has the same problems:

1.  can’t login from Internet Explorer (can only login from Firefox)
2.  even though I set the default currency to Euros, it shows up on the dashboard as dollars
3.  can’t add products, when it goes to the please wait loading animation, it then goes to the main dashboard and nothing is added

Like I said, I’m running Fedora Core 7 with plesk on a dedicated server, I believe all the needed software is the newest version, I have a MySQL database that was created new for this new installation, but nothing seems to work.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Lior
Magento Team

Total Posts:  293

HI Parlays,

We are looking into it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael_1
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

Parlays - 01 July 2008 10:36 AM

1.  can’t login from Internet Explorer (can only login from Firefox)
2.  even though I set the default currency to Euros, it shows up on the dashboard as dollars
3.  can’t add products, when it goes to the please wait loading animation, it then goes to the main dashboard and nothing is added

Hi Parlays,

Can you please PM me the URL and login info for your Magento installation ?

Did your try IE 6 or IE 7 ?

Thank you,
Michael

Magento Community
Magento Community

Parlays

Hi Michael!  The system is not allowing private messaging.........  so I will post for everyone to log in and see what they can discover.

Thanks for your help gentlemen, sorry if I ever sounded negative in my posts, but it’s been pretty frustrating.  Tried reinstalling like 4 or 5 times with all different settings and tried to completely update Fedora Core 7 with all new software.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Parlays

Anybody have any ideas?  thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

Parlays

One week since I posted this problem and not one suggestion..........  I don’t understand the point of this forum.

Magento Community
Magento Community

FinleyMedia

Total Posts:  8

I am having the same issue. Internet Explorer 6 and 7 fail to add products to the cart using the default theme. I’ve upgraded to version 1.1.1 and still have the same problem.

http://wecard.search4gear.com/index.php/training-tools

Magento Community
Magento Community

Parlays

A lot of people are having this same problem.  I guess nobody wants to help and give advice about what a possible solution could be.  If you can’t add products, Magento becomes useless.

Magento Community
Magento Community

theazmi

Total Posts:  9

Thank god i found this thread. I was getting so frustrated after getting this error repeatedly. I tried magento 1.1.1, 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 hoping that the issue would have been resolved in later releases but the problem still exists >:( . I am using crucial’s split hosting solution and have been troubling their customer support a lot because probably i was thinking there is some problem with the webhost or ISP, so far they have been very supportive and we could not identify any problem with the webhost.

So the problem basically is that when i fill the info for a new product or try to update an existing product and then click on “save” the screen just hangs and i get a message after around 1 to 2 minutes saying “Network error” or it returns to the dashboard without adding the product; sometimes it even takes me to the admin login screen. This issue does not happen always, product save does go through sometimes ( approximately 1 in 4 attempts ) and whenever it does the entire operation completes in less than 5 seconds. So far we have not been able to add 3 products consecutively because often we are able to add up to 2 products and then start getting timeout errors.

TO summarize : Product additions fail more frequently rather than completing successfully.

I read somewhere in the thread that this issue is being worked on. Is there any bug associated with this and can the bug number be provided here?

Image Attachments
product_add_error.JPG

Magento Community
Magento Community

Lenny.Martinez9

Total Posts:  2

Hi,

I am having the same issue as mentioned above by ‘theazmi’ - I never had this issue when I was testing this on my windows machine using XAMPP, I worked with Magento 1.0, 1.1.1, 1.1.2 - but when I hosted the actual magento site on one of the web hosting companies in the US where the OS is Linux I started getting this issue, I thought first that the web hosting company has something to do with it, I was back after their technical team to get this matter resolved. They told me that it isn’t a problem from there side but rather from my ISP. So what I did was went to my ISP and asked then to sought out the things for me. They told me that this isn’t a issue from there side. So I then got back to my web hosting company and told them the same thing, they told me just to rule out the possibility that something is wrong from there end they shifted my domain from one VPS to another. Still that did not solve the problem. Luckily when I was searching the Magento Forum I bumped into this long thread which made it very obvious to me that this is an Magento issue.

Magento’s team please look into this matter ASAP. I need to Launch my site in about 2 weeks from now from test to production enviroment.

Magento Community
Magento Community

theazmi

Total Posts:  9

I tried reporting a bug for this but there seems to be a problem with the bug database. I am neither able to search the bug database nor create a new bug. I keep getting this error

Magento Community
The following errors were encountered

* Unable to submit the bug. Please, try again later.

Return to Previous Page

I believe that since it is Saturday, they would be doing some maintenance work on the bug database.

Folks at Varien please help us on this

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2