Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

pdf products

simsydndey

Total Posts:  10

Hello,
is possible in product pae details add a download pdf section where the user is able to download the prod broshures?

thank you

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Guru

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

The easiest way to get this done is if you just add a simple link to a pdf from inside the main description of the product. You can drop the pdf files on the server and just point to them. If you will like a special field for them in the admin it will require light customization.

Magento Community
Magento Community

norbolig
Guru

Total Posts:  328

@simsydney: I have added a simple link to a pdf (and video) from inside the main description of the product, and tried to explain how I did it here:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/7223/

I am sure it is possible to do it smarter, but it is working.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MageWorxCom
Guru

Total Posts:  410
Belarus, Minsk, Logoisky Trakt 37

Hello,

There are two possible ways:
1) You can add the link directly to the page template or product description in admin panel. The link will open pdf file. If I’m not mistaken there are even some instructions how to implement this (somewhere in the forum)
2) If you would not like to modify the code by yourself, check this extension http://www.magentocommerce.com/module/2890/file-downloads--product-attachments-magento-extension.
It allows to upload any files to a product or any number of products at once. All the files will be placed in Downloadable block. There are lots of features in this extension. Please check the extension page for more details.

Hope it can help.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mauricioprado00

Total Posts:  63
Argentina

simsydndey - 28 June 2008 03:44 PM

Hello,
is possible in product pae details add a download pdf section where the user is able to download the prod broshures?

thank you

Here is a extension that i made and allows you to upload document files to any kind of products, is cheaper than others in magento community and i guarantee is 100% compatible with any other extensions.
You can buy it for only $25 here:

Product Attachs

cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

FMEExtensions
Mentor

Total Posts:  1298

You can use the following extension

http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/product-attachments-and-downloads.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

AITOC
Guru

Total Posts:  618
US

Hello,

Useful Downloads extension enables you to upload files that would be available for customers’ download free of charge. Attach files to products to provide manuals, drivers, promotional materials, samples, previews, etc.in the different file formats, including PDF.

Thanks,

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community