Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can’t add product

hometalkentertainment

Total Posts:  1

Hi,

I have Magento up and running, and I can start to add a product. I get past the first screen with the product name, etc. Then I’m brought to put in the price, I do so, and then I just get the “Loading” page. It doesn’t go any place after that, it just sits there saying loading.

I’ve closed the browser window, went back and the product wasn’t added at all.

Any solutions for this?

Thanks!!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jenks

Total Posts:  37
Michigan

You may try reinstalling just in case there was something wrong with those files (not sure exactly which files would cause that or you could try just those) however I suspect it’s a problem with your host. There have been quite a few instances of Magento running extremely slow even on great hosting so it’s not a stretch to think that if it’s just an ok host or worse that it would be nearly impossible to get anything done in it. I’ve read quite a few posts on here in which those much wiser about Magento than myself have suggested shared web hosting is not an optimal environment for Magento to run on.  (I am working on a site now that is shared hosting and it does fine… not great but a little patience has gotten me a long way)

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community