Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Masking/hiding credit card numbers

macsmart

Total Posts:  29
Greensboro, NC

Using the “Saved CC” payment method, there are three places (that I have found) that the credit card number displays after a transaction is complete:

1) Order confirmation e-mail
2) the customer’s order status page
3) in the administration interface

The entire card number obviously needs to be decrypted and show up in the admin interface for manual order processing. In the other 2 locations (especially in the e-mail!), it would be preferable to have the credit card number masked, a la:

CC# **** **** **** 1234
— or —
CC last 4 digits: 1234

In the spirit and format of this thread:

How do I make it do that??
...Is there a built in function that would replace the current {{var order.payment.html_formated}} in the order confirmation e-mail and/or in the customer’s order status page?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed some light…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

This will be fixed soon, but meanwhile you can edit order confirmation transactional email to contain this instead of {{var order.payment.html_formated}} :

CC last 4 digits{{var order.payment.cc_last4}}

You can use same construct with cc_owner, cc_exp_month, cc_exp_year.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

I’ve posted another solution here:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/1099

Magento Community
Magento Community