Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Is anybody using an AJAX Pager? 

dan_w

Total Posts:  290

I’m just curious if anyone is using an ajax pager to advance between listing results on the product list for a category? It just seems to me that since the urls for page 2 and beyond are pretty much seo unfriendly, I don’t see what the harm could be. Plus, given the design of Magento, Ajax is pretty easy to integrate - alot easier than on some older shopping cart platforms anyway. I’m looking into it the ajax pager right now and was just wondering if anyone has attempted and/or achieved this?

Thoughts appreciated,
Dan

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Scott
Guru

Total Posts:  333
Northwest Ohio

I am building one, however it will only be available as a commercial module (at a reasonable price of course). cool smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

nikefido
Guru

Total Posts:  481
New Haven, CT

Are there any examples of people making some ajax calls? I’m confused on how ajax is easier here, because I don’t see an easy way to make a call to a script that will return only what you want to.

For instance, within Zend, you can use a function in your Controller - this function will have something like : $this->_helper->viewRenderer->setNoRender(); to stop it from rendering a full page, and then just echo out some values. This function would be reachable via the URI: yousite.com/index.php/controller/method

I don’t see an easy equivalent here? I’m sure I’m just ignorant of something basic (anyone have some experience with this??)

Magento Community
Magento Community

GREGOS

Total Posts:  5

I fibnally found the solution
Very easy .... and it was a success

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/8318/

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community