Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Custom Block on right column on every page

jusspitti

Total Posts:  37

I can see where in the admin the custom block could be created, but concerning to the code and don’t understand if I have to add something to the layout or to the templates, I have been struggling with this code for a week and also browsed the forum, but I still don’t understand how to accomplish simple tasks like this.

I have found this code for custom blocks

{{block type="cms/block" block_id="your_block_identifier" template="cms/content.phtml"}}.

But where in the code should I place it? do I have to create a phtml for my blocks? why? where? if I want to place it on the right column do I have to modify the layout? the template? or both? why?

It would be more easy if one could assign a position and pages for display the block on the same admin panel. i will just add the code to the template for now. :(

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jusspitti

Bump, any comment?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jusspitti

I found this link with a similar issue…