Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

[URGENT] Changing the Admin through Modules/Plugins

SwiftCol

Total Posts:  85

Hello all,
I would like to either add a new CMS to Magento, or replace it’s existing CMS. I don’t want to change core code to do this, so I’m thinking that this will need to be done using a custom Module. I have made simple modules already and learned how to put them in, but these modules were for the frontend of the site. What I am looking to create will need to be placed in the Admin panel.

For example, when you install certain WordPress plugins, they sometimes add links in the Admin Menu to allow you to customize the plugin. This is what i’m looking to do in Magento.

In the end, I am looking to create a CMS that will allow my clients to create pages using a WYSIWYG, as well as upload photos for use in certain places in my custom template.

Any suggestions on this would be helpful, and I could really use help ASAP.
Thank you.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community