Magento Forum

Google Checkout Does Not Work [solved]

abe

Total Posts:  15

Hi All,

I am having a problem getting Google Checkout to work.  From the shopping cart the “Google Checkout” image appears as a payment option.  But, when it is clicked it just reloads the cart.  No redirecting/loading of Google’s checkout page.  From what I can tell when you click on the button it loads the page “/checkout/cart/updatePost/” but then redirects back to the cart page.  I don’t think it’s even hitting the Google servers?

Anybody out there know what might be causing this?  I have all the configuration settings set up in the Google API section and everything set up in Google’s merchant integration panel - with the exception of having my bank account verified but I don’t think that would cause this.

thanks
abe

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

abe

Total Posts:  15

If anyone else runs into this problem I was able to solve it.  I had done a fair amount of template customization and had placed the Google model within the shopping cart form elements.  So what was happening was the “Google Checkout” button was actually submitting the update form from the shopping cart.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community