Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Point of Sale Integration

MageInventory

Total Posts:  14
Denver Colorado USA

I’ve done a bit of searching but couldn’t find anything conclusive. Has anyone integrated point of sale into Magento?

Many thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Total Posts:  3217
Minneapolis MN

We are trying openBravo right now, I will keep you posted

Magento Community
Magento Community

Kosmos Central

Total Posts:  14

Hi, we’ve got a software package that integrates Magento with Microsoft RMS Dynamics 2.0.  Integration features include, but not limited to: Matrix or Product variant and options support, price levels, tracking numbers, order download with customer records, mappings for categories based on RMS departments and categories, descriptions short and long, sale items etc.  We can showcase a live online demo for you at anytime.

You can find more information on our site here:
http://www.kosmoscentral.com/ecommerce/magento.php

We also have a more condensed marketing packet with the specific item records that are pulled up and down from Magento.  Just contact us and I can send you the PDF.

Thanks, and hope to hear from you soon.

Alex
1-888-2Kosmos
Kosmos Central

Magento Community
Magento Community

chaunceywilliams7

Total Posts:  12

Thanks a lot for the info! I am sure I will be able to use it for my work.  The integration of POS to your system is one very big advantage to business people like us. For a beginner, this is an awesome self help tool!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Interprisesuite

Total Posts:  2

Hi,
Our company Interprise Solutions is working on a full connector to Magento. Our Product includes a full back office solution with CRM, Accounting, Supplier Management, Inventory management, Multi Channel, basically a full ERP solution for Magento users. We are also integrating our POS to be available for the users of the connector. This will provide the community a full integration between your web cart, POS, inventory, suppliers and accounting all in one package. Come see us at the Magento imagine show, we are one of the Gold sponsors and will have a booth with a demo of the connector.
Thanks !
Iuval Hatzav
VP Business Development
Interprise Solutions

Magento Community
Magento Community

gfxguru

Total Posts:  186

I suggest anyone considering Interprise Suite please look into the details. We\’ve tried this package in the past and had nothing but the run around in patches and never any fixes. The package is expensive, HUGE and actually does not deliver what it\’s advertised. I\’m not looking to get into a discussion about it with anyone I\’m just warning anyone that\’s considering to truly look into a trial to see if the package will deliver.\"Which I don\’t believe they have anymore\” I haven\’t tried the suite in a while so I could be wrong. I just had a very bad experience with this software in the past and I will not be wasting anymore time with them.

Magento Community
Magento Community

pete lindsell

Total Posts:  2

I have two shops that I want to link together to sell products from both on one website. I have currently done this by extending an old asp shopping cart to work as an browser based POS which works ok other than the shopping cart that I based it on is now very old and lacking a lot of functionality that is now expected hence looking at Magento.

I am currently looking at connecting magento to openERP (for product purchase, stock management and accounting) and then connect openERP to Openbravo POS.

openERP I think come out top after looking at a number of erp and accounting packages. I will use this to keep track of all my orders, check incoming deliveries, manage stock across multiple locations and run the accounts as well as many other business functions. It does have a built in POS module although this is very basic and not very user friendly.

Openbravo POS is one of the very few open source POS systems that I can find but looks good and runs on macs. I like the fact that it runs locally so that it is not reliant on a constant internet connection. My other possibility for a POS is to right a new module for openERP.

I have connected openERP and Magento together successfully using the openlabs connector which appears to work well and hope that I can use this a base for the connector to Openbravo POS.

Any thoughts or ideas would be great!

Magento Community
Magento Community

gary@interprise

Total Posts:  1

Hi gfxguru,

I’m sorry that you had a negative experience with our product in the past.  You may be interested to know that Interprise Solutions was acquired by a group of investors that also own a large company that uses Interprise Suite to run their operations in 3 countries.  Since then we have been focused on product quality, added a number of high demand features (i.e. our new shipping module), opened our community and forums and dropped prices by over 50%.  I wrote a blog article back in May detailing some of the problems of the past that you might interest you - http://www.interprisesolutions.com/blogs/first-one-here.html

The nice thing is that we are developing our Magento connector to work with our eCommerce Plus product which will be free for Unlimited Users. This way people will be able to test and use our product in a read environment before making the decision to use our product live.  For many companies, they will find that this solution is more affordable than the open source ERP alternatives. We also intend on having a free version of POS solution as well.

If anyone reads something negative on the internet about Interprise feel free to call us. In many cases our most vocal critics two years ago are now happy customers.

Thanks!!

Gary

Magento Community
Magento Community

webgility

Total Posts:  33
San Francisco, CA

Hi there,

Our product, eCC, integrates with Magento and QuickBooks Point of Sale.  It also integrates with popular shipping processors (FedEx, UPS, Endicia and Stamps.com).  This enables you to streamline and automate your order fulfillment, inventory and product sync, and accounting. 

Try eCC out for free at http://www.webgility.com/quickbooks-integration-magento.php.  And if you have any questions, feel free to contact us at (877) 753-5373.

Magento Community
Magento Community

eBridgeConnects

Total Posts:  10

Hi, our Magento integration adapter lets you connect to virtually any accounting package including Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Inuit Quickbooks, Sage Peachtree, and many more.

Our integration solutions lets you connect your accounting package with key touchpoints such as Product information, Order status, and Inventory information.

For more information on our Magento integration solutions, please see this link:
http://www.ebridgeconnections.com/webstore/Varien-Magento-eCommerce.html

Regards,

Marc

eBridge Connections
1 800 755 6921

Magento Community
Magento Community

inventorysoft

Total Posts:  10

There are very good suggestions mentioned in this thread, especially the mention of using Quickbooks with Intuit. In fact, there is very good small business inventory software that integrates inventory functions with Quickbooks, so you get the best of both worlds. I would continue to search the Magento Marketplace.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Vampal

Total Posts:  37

thanks

inventorysoft - 03 October 2011 07:45 PM

There are very good suggestions mentioned in this thread, especially the mention of using Quickbooks with Intuit. In fact, there is very good small business inventory software that integrates inventory functions with Quickbooks, so you get the best of both worlds. I would continue to search the Magento Marketplace.

Magento Community
Magento Community

smartosc

Total Posts:  76
Ha Noi, Viet Nam

Hi,

You guys could have a look at our X-POS module, it provides a complete solution for Point of Sales integration.

For more information you could visit our blog:

http://saas.smartosc.com/resources/2011/10/x-pos_online_pos_system_for_magento/

Hope that would help.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dannycooper69

Total Posts:  13

Hello, guys smile

Thank you for the helpful information smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

peacebird

Total Posts:  1

Hi,

i95Dev has developed a module which integrates POS with Magento.
May be you can check this module at www.i95Dev.com

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

byens

Total Posts:  3

any1 have cheap and powerfull solution for this?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2