Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

SKU & Quantity for each attribute combination

the311guy

Total Posts:  120

Is it possible to add quantities & skus for each attribute combination?

for example:

transformers t-shirt - small - blue (qty:16) SKU:tshirt-sm-bl
transformers t-shirt - med - blue (qty:11) SKU:tshirt-md-bl
transformers t-shirt - large - blue (qty:13) SKU:tshirt-lg-bl

I need to be able to keep track what what sells per attribute, but I can only find a single sku for a product, not its attributes.

please help,
thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael_1
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

Hi the311guy,

Doesn’t the concept of ‘super products’ fit your needs ? Could you review Configurable Products and Grouped Products screencasts and let us know whether it is the functionality you are looking for ?

Thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

the311guy

Total Posts:  120

Configurable products looked like it would work.  So if I created a small green tshirt product and then someone was browsing the t-shirt and bought one with the attributes small and green, would the quantity for that item then go down one?

Also, for future reporting, it would be nice if when viewing top selling products if it grouped all sizes and colors as one product.  So say if you were a tshirt site, you could see which shirts were the best sellers, not which shirt in each size sold the most.  smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community